Page 1 of 1

What makes a kite good for unhooking/handle passing?

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:42 pm
by 4rest
So, I'm starting to unhook a lot... And I am just starting with surface handle passes, and I can get the pass, but once I switch hands the kite always goes into a loop... Unless I depower the kite, but then I sink. I'm riding a 06 9m Waroo. I'm to the point where I think a new kite (C/Hybrid) is going to take me further than the Waroo will, of course I could be wrong.

So, what makes a kite/bar good for handle passes and riding unhooked? I don't want a listing of brands and models, I just want to know what I should look for in a kite.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:47 pm
by Punkpenguin
If its going into a loop, try to get the grab the handle with the hand your passing it to, more in the center... seems like if you grab either end of the bar, it will go into a loop easy

Re: What makes a kite good for unhooking/handle passing?

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:55 pm
by Wibbler
4rest wrote:So, what makes a kite/bar good for handle passes and riding unhooked?
Ok, for this you're gonna need:

1) A Hook
2) A Loop to take off the Hook
3) A Handle to pass the Loop....

Wait a minute...

Kites don't have handles...

you're Fooked...

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:06 pm
by cuica
You need to grab the bar near the middle. Unhooked all kites rotate faster.

Longer lines and a crappy slow kite will help.

I have good results with an Airush Lift 14m 2004 on 30m lines because it turns slow and gives me time to react if it starts to loop.

The kite is crap for anything else, but good for handlepasses.

Re: What makes a kite good for unhooking/handle passing?

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:14 pm
by 4rest
Great, thanks for the answer. Here's another question, why do you even bother to waste the time to post this message?
Wibbler wrote: Ok, for this you're gonna need:

1) A Hook
2) A Loop to take off the Hook
3) A Handle to pass the Loop....

Wait a minute...

Kites don't have handles...

you're Fooked...

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:21 pm
by Kyle_F
You might take a look at the 2007 Airush Lift or even the new Vapor that's coming out soon.

Here's a link to the Lift: http://store.airushkiteboarding.com/product-605.html

Aloha,

Kyle


http://www.AirushKiteboarding.com

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:44 am
by Experimental player
Loose back lines. Keeps the kite flying forwards.

5th line for whip lash safety. :thumb:

Re: What makes a kite good for unhooking/handle passing?

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:25 am
by Wibbler
4rest wrote:Here's another question, why do you even bother to waste the time to post this message?
Yeah I'm sorry woke up this morning with a frickin awful hangover... typed that after heavy night on the town, must've thought it was funny at the time... :cry: Feeble.
Again, apologies....

Goodluck with the HP's, try and resist the temptation to grab whichever end of the bar comes closest to you first... get your catch-hand onto the centre of the bar...

Re: What makes a kite good for unhooking/handle passing?

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:54 am
by 4rest
Wibbler wrote:Yeah I'm sorry woke up this morning with a frickin awful hangover... typed that after heavy night on the town, must've thought it was funny at the time... :cry: Feeble.
Again, apologies....

Goodluck with the HP's, try and resist the temptation to grab whichever end of the bar comes closest to you first... get your catch-hand onto the centre of the bar...
Cheers for the advice, no worries about the above posting. :)