Pietro_2003
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advice on 4/5 line bar mods please

Postby Pietro_2003 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:26 am

Hi,

I am doing a revamp on my 4line bar. I am getting back into kiting and thought I'd use my old C kites a bit more.

I am using an older releasable Naish chicken loop, and am installing a 5th line which I will attach a leash to and use as the safety.

Q1: Is it okay to have a non-Wichard quick release shackle to attach my leash onto my harness; as a secondary release? (see pics) Or does even this have to be the Wichard one. Is there an alternate release that works okay? I already have the leash, just not the release for it.

Q2: ClamCleat sheeting length? - I have replaced the chicken loop rope which continues all the way up through the clam cleat (may add a stopper ball to spin bar). I forgot to take measurements before I chucked the old set up. As you can see from the pic I have a heap of cord to cut down to size. Does anyone know what the length from the CL to the cleat usually is? I've gone through heaps of old posts but old photos are no longer on the server and details are hard to find.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Bar.gif
Work in progress. Unsure of length of sheeting rope from cleat to loop.
Bar.gif (244.6 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Shackle.gif
Shackle like this one to attach leash onto harness. Remember, main release is chickenloop.
Shackle.gif (11.82 KiB) Viewed 326 times

Kevin Salter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like
Has thanked: 0

Postby Kevin Salter » Mon May 07, 2007 3:24 am

Dont know about North, but usually with the bar on full power, bar down cleat out the lines would be all equal at the ends.

If you set up like this and tie a bowline loop/knot at the end of your depower rope you will have enough to change later if you need to.

Re shackle for leash, that type shown wont release under heavy load, so its your call , but with the leash going to 5th it should be OK, as in most cases the load on the line wont be great, but like I said your call.

Cheers :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”