Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is best light wind kite?

Forum for kitesurfers
voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby voodoospirit » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:35 pm

i learned on LEI bows, i used my venom² on snow and never on water,i tried a P3 10 which is more or less the same wind range than my V² 13.

on light wind, i d pick the P3 over my V² , it has a better low end but as the wind climb, i d keep my V² cause it turns faster and i m used to its capacity to absorb gusty winds without havint to play with the bar all the time like bows (god i hate that)
but.. if it crash on the ground/water, FS > PL, depite PL autozenith will prevent the kite to crash a lot of the time (and it s priceless when learning tricks) but u r not protected from a lull or a no wind moment..

the SA2 19 has more or less the same weight as a P3 10 or 13 and is lighter than any LEI for light winds (2.8kg), that s why it ll stay in the air at 4knots.
now, i don t think in light winds, u ll manage to kiteloop it easely( not sure if u can even loop it..), FS r not very known for turning fast but r better for power/hangtime ( paraglider style), u can do all the newschool moves with the P3 10 and smaller sizes but i guess it d be easier with a PL arc or LEI C kite ( like looping a Ckite vs a bow kite, it s easier/faster with a C-kite)

now, for my point of view,since i m a beginner kiter and a snowkiter, i don t see the point for me to go to LEI, PL/FS or the future ozone vision have enough turning speed/power and easy relauch for me (reverse lauch like open foils, self lauch, no pump)and before i reach the point of being like Lenten or sponsored and doing all the extreme freestyle, i ll stick with the foils but if they manage to make LEI more solid on impacts.

if i had the money and in my region it s often 6-12knots, if i had the cash, i d pick a SA² 19, at the 10knots, u can jump already high with it and do old school moves, it s freeride/oldschool oriented anyway.

like i use to say, FS r bows without a pump.

Freestyler
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Freestyler » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Some pics say it all...

No kite out there beats the Flysurfer Silver Arrow2 for light wind performance..

Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mulholland » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:20 pm

lol...Gotta admit that is funny...I still aint gonna fly a tampex.

local
Medium Poster

Postby local » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Mulholland wrote:lol...Gotta admit that is funny...I still aint gonna fly a tampex.
lol, you just improved an otherwise misserable day, thx

I can take the Warroo 11 pro down to about 13kts or so...

DART VADER
Medium Poster
Gear: Tube, Foil
Brand Affiliation: Sportime Family

Postby DART VADER » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:13 pm

Flysurfer 19 mq siebel :thumb:

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:54 am

Mulholland wrote:lol...Gotta admit that is funny...I still aint gonna fly a tampex.
Thank GOD!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”