Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is best light wind kite?

Forum for kitesurfers
tenebaum
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tenebaum » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:03 pm

i got a second generation bow (the one bruno have been talking about) but its a 10m... was able to ride it in 12-14kts and i believe that the 14m should have a better lower end....

i think most light wind kites are rather big but again in the "older" days the 21Ms are not really good for light wind.....

havent tested cabrinha's contra though..... would want to test the wind-x monsoonz 14 and the cabrinha contra 14 back to back, same board, same lines..... that should give me a better conclusion.....

as for foils, i believe they have light wind advantage too... but have not got it on the PL venom that i've tested.... heavy kite.... would like to try the flysurfer.....

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:17 pm

This is a no brainer!

Speed2 Silver Arrow 19m.

nothing comes close.

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby voodoospirit » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:14 am

no need to look far, silver arrow2 19 the huge downside: the price , huge huge huge downside......

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:26 am

Original message expired.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:56 pm

i have a venom² and i can tell u that the low end is not good for PL kites.and since on my spots , there s a lot of light winds, i can guarantee u that PL dont like light winds, but once the wind get stronger(10+ knots), it s party time, it s like having an other kite in the hand.it ll fly at 6 knots and stay in the air but it ll be slow despite u can tweak the built-in power strap.
FS have a waaaaayyy better low ends...

FS all the way for light winds.

bekite
Medium Poster

Postby bekite » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:44 pm

voodoospirit wrote:i have a venom² and i can tell u that the low end is not good for PL kites.and since on my spots , there s a lot of light winds, i can guarantee u that PL dont like light winds, but once the wind get stronger(10+ knots), it s party time, it s like having an other kite in the hand.it ll fly at 6 knots and stay in the air but it ll be slow despite u can tweak the built-in power strap.

Foil is not a good choice, maybe compared to the same sqm SLE is 1-1,5 knots better but a lot less funny: no kiteloops, difficult to make jumps, no way to go in stronger winds because the range is very small (we use GKSONIC 17m in 20 knots and in low winds better then some 17m foils!)
I'm not against foils, good to use small sizes for snowkite but no way to use big sizes in water.

jrobson
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jrobson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:47 pm

bekite wrote:
voodoospirit wrote:i have a venom² and i can tell u that the low end is not good for PL kites.and since on my spots , there s a lot of light winds, i can guarantee u that PL dont like light winds, but once the wind get stronger(10+ knots), it s party time, it s like having an other kite in the hand.it ll fly at 6 knots and stay in the air but it ll be slow despite u can tweak the built-in power strap.

Foil is not a good choice, maybe compared to the same sqm SLE is 1-1,5 knots better but a lot less funny: no kiteloops, difficult to make jumps, no way to go in stronger winds because the range is very small (we use GKSONIC 17m in 20 knots and in low winds better then some 17m foils!)
I'm not against foils, good to use small sizes for snowkite but no way to use big sizes in water.
Bad post.

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Original message expired.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:33 pm

bekite wrote:Foil is not a good choice, maybe compared to the same sqm SLE is 1-1,5 knots better but a lot less funny: no kiteloops, difficult to make jumps, no way to go in stronger winds because the range is very small (we use GKSONIC 17m in 20 knots and in low winds better then some 17m foils!)
Obviously you don't ride a light-wind spot - and you've never ridden a Speed2.

You're right about the small sizes - great for nuking winter winds (and nuking summer winds too!)

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:35 pm

BTW: doesn't Toby still have that rule about identifying yourself as a Globerider pimp?

http://www.bekite.com/

Return to “Kitesurfing”