Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ilha Grande?....any other recommendations?

Forum for kitesurfers
joff
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ilha Grande?....any other recommendations?

Postby joff » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi guys
Trying to plan my Brazil trip...I have 2 weeks around Rio before my flight to FOR and I have been told that i should visit Ilha Grande....can you kite there? Also, do ireally need a wetsuit? I am happy in boardies and a rash vest in english summer....
Last edited by joff on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

joff
Medium Poster

Postby joff » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:59 am

anyone?? or you got any better ideas for where to go in those 2 weeks? i think florianopolis is too expensive to get to....i am on a proper budget

Lolo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Lolo » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:15 am

No man, Ilha Grande is not an easy spot. It is a fantastic island, with amazing beaches, but not for kiting. To reach these beaches only by boat or cross the mountain ridge by foot.

But you'll be in Rio, isn't it? So get a life man, go south to the Barra, or up to Cabo Frio (which is not Rio anymore, but close by).

And anyway you'll be in RIO, you just lay down in Ipanema and the world will smile to you again....

If your goal is kiting and parties, no worries, go to Florianopolis.
If your goal is more kiting and a bit less parties, no worries, go to Cumbuco.

joff
Medium Poster

Postby joff » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:53 am

nice one lolo...yeah i want parties and kiting but io already have a flight to fortaleza on the 17 july and will be around there for about 2 months....just looking for something to do between 30 june and then.... id like to go to florianopolis but is it expensive to get there from Rio?

and what about prices? I am looking to spend at most about R$50 per night 9on accomodation...is it possible??

Lolo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Lolo » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:44 pm

You can sleep for few R$ everywhere in Brazil, it depends on the conditions you are able to survive. Florianopolis is considered anyway one of the touristic and coolest places in Brazil, you should find the whole range of opportunities.

joff
Medium Poster

Postby joff » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:53 pm

I am 24 and dont have that much cash...i'll be fine with very basic accomodation!....what about wetsuit?...is it very necessary?

Return to “Kitesurfing”