Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

halfway OT: proud of your kite flying skills? watch this.

Forum for kitesurfers
munteruk
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby munteruk » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:15 pm

kitepower wrote: I watched him fly to Bette Middler singing rendition of "the wind beneath my wings" and saw several people in the crowd moved to tears, I saw that again 2 years later in Adelaide, he represents everything good in kite flying, and he brings something special to every Festival he attends.

Steve
Steve - while Ray is clearly a fantastic kite flyer lets be honest - any tears in that rendition were probably more to do with the pain of Bette Middler being broacast at outdoor field volume...

Seriously impressive flying though.

Ylva
Rare Poster

Postby Ylva » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:36 pm

I've loved that video since I first saw it several years ago. It is realy breathtaking.

Is it available in higer resolution? I think I used to have a better copy, but I've lost it now.

/Ylva

Ylva
Rare Poster

Postby Ylva » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:43 pm

I've loved that video since I first saw it several years ago. It is realy breathtaking.

Is it available in higer resolution? I think I used to have a better copy, but I've lost it now.

/Ylva

Mus
Rare Poster

Postby Mus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Asbolutely stunning!!!

Not a great deal I can say that hasn't already been said.

Many people struggle to even pat their head whilst rubbing their stomach, so how many people are there in the world who can focus so completely on three different kites like that? Can't be many.

I would so love to witness his show in person.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:03 am

Yeah you are right, I should have noticed they were cupping their hands over their ears at the same time! :o

The thing that blew me away was that Ray was somehow flying to the music and he is very deaf.
Also how quickly he can move when he is flying. At other times he moves like his joints need oiling!!!

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

munteruk wrote:
kitepower wrote: I watched him fly to Bette Middler singing rendition of "the wind beneath my wings" and saw several people in the crowd moved to tears, I saw that again 2 years later in Adelaide, he represents everything good in kite flying, and he brings something special to every Festival he attends.

Steve
Steve - while Ray is clearly a fantastic kite flyer lets be honest - any tears in that rendition were probably more to do with the pain of Bette Middler being broacast at outdoor field volume...

Seriously impressive flying though.

Return to “Kitesurfing”