Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Susi you´re the best

Forum for kitesurfers
gideonlow
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Waddell Creek
Favorite Beaches: Scott Creek, Waddell Creek, Santa Maria's (26th Ave)
Style: Surf
Gear: Peter Lynn Kites, custom TT and surf boards, custom bars.
Brand Affiliation: Monkey Air Kitesurfing
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gideonlow » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:53 pm

kitegrommet wrote:Who cares?

She's hot!!!

She looks good with a kite, she doesn't need to speak about r&d or kite business.

She can probably out kite you and half the dudes on this forum, isn't that enough, and she's hotttttt.

Her board off tricks in Cabarete last month were smoother and better than the guys? She did win King of the Air in Maui (3 times), and kites Hookipa.

Do you?

She was hired for a different purpose, and I guess it wasn't to talk to you.

She has been nice every time I've spoken with her over the last 3 years.

Cabrinha81, we can find pics on our own, stalk elsewhere, and get help.

You guys comparing her job to Lebron and Shaq, pluuueeaassssee, do you think she even clears six figures a year?

She was probably not hired to dunk the basketball and bring in shoe endorsements.

She kites..

And again, she's HOTTTTTT

Who cares???
I think Susi needs to hire kitegrommet as her personal lap dog/ego-booster :-). BTW, I wasn't really comparing HER to Shaq and LeBron, I was speaking in general terms about young athletes' marketability and they're probably the best known examples of wild success. I'll have to add Tiger too (now that I think of it, a glaring omission). Youth, work ethic, world-class talent, grace under pressure, grace in front of the camera, contagious enthusiasm . . . hard to find them all in one person. Since I'm 36, you'll note that I don't use the word "Hot" 35 times in my post :roll: . Like 'em dumb and blond, eh, kitegrommet? You'll (hopefully) learn someday what the difference between "hot" and "beautiful" is . . . something about staying power.

As her personal ego booster, you should be calling her double-quick and telling her that people are mentioning her in the same paragraph as three of the most wealthy, famous, and liked athletes in the world rather than making her feel bad about her annual income. I don't think any pro kiter in the world clears six figures a year--especially after expenses.

Cheers,

Gideon

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:02 pm

What do pro kiters make? (income wise)

I was under the impression that they basically get:
(1) Free equipment from sponsors
(2) Free travel with hotel and meals from sponsors
(3) Some money from ads (but not much because that's part of their sponsorship deal)
(4) not much else....

It's more like something you do that supports your being able to have outrageous fun! I.e. not a "career" so much as a "good way to spend a couple of years".

Regarding "Susi being the best", I don't know, she certainly kites well!

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:36 pm

The point is i was a school teacher and have dealt with children all my life, if they are given a position and then not nurtured through to explain what they are supposed to do, as they are essentially working then they may not be able to work it out on their own, you have riders to represent your brand and products, you dont need to know every last stitch but you do need to know how to be friendly. If you seem off or up your own arse or in a way you come across as better than those around you because of who you are then you are defiantly not a good rep for your brand, The pro riders are there for the sport and to sell product by association. I have meet most of the pro riders and the nice ones are very good ambassadors for their brand, but there are those that are not, are arrogant, or appear arrogant and who see themselves as their shit smells sweeter.... this maybe down to youthful inexperience but it is also down to believing in thier own marketing. The more mature the rider in mind the better representative for the brand, remember the customer has to spend thousands of dollars on the stuff, the minimum is a nice attitude...

We cant go patting each other on the back all the time there has to be a point where we need self criticism.... And btw for he who says get a girl, i have and she also independently of me came to the same opinion about MAI.... even if it was an off day, you still have to be NORMAL.... you are paid to..... if not they should pay someone else i dont care the fact that i have been left with this impression after many years, is going to be negative when it comes to brand association. Why would i want to buy a kite that may work but the money is going where i dont like it.... hence why i dont buy north either here, as the reps are a bit up their own arse as well. Also slingshot... too much brand bitching here and arrogance,,,, who cares... ride have fun be friendly then i might buy your kite....

.Joel
Medium Poster

Postby .Joel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:44 am

chemosavi wrote:
.Joel wrote:I'll trade you... You can have 35 year old "mature," hormonial, life-focused career woman with great boardroom skills... And i'll have Susi and a campervan :D

Regards,

.Joel
You and Susi and the camper van will be out cruisin one day, probably a bit bored and showing a few signs of wear and tear, and along will come a good lookin 35 year old "mature" , post-hormonal, life focussed career DEWD with great boardroom AND bedroom skills AND with a couple mil in the bank and OFF goes Susi.
Then I'll switch back too my day job, the only area lacking will be the 2mil in the bank ;) I'll start a Monopoly cash fund account ;) Those "signs of wear and tear" should give me 10 years too mature up :D

Regards,

.Joel

dazza5172
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Middleton, Port Willunga, Mid Coast
Favorite Beaches: Middleton, U-Turns
Style: Wave
Gear: North Rebels, North Rocket Fish, North Freestyle Fish

Postby dazza5172 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:59 am

.Joel wrote:I'll trade you... You can have 35 year old "mature," hormonial, life-focused career woman with great boardroom skills... And i'll have Susi and a campervan :D

Regards,

.Joel
But brother that 35 yo stunner,... she'll go off like a grenade in the bedroom :-)

Oh yeah just a tip, best not to post your photo when stalking someone :girl:

Daz :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”