VENTED KITE !!! 2008 Ocean Rodeo Rise.

Forum for kitesurfers
Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: OMG

Postby Gigi;) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:05 am

Well,

here's one pic of the ILE kite with jet flaps (vented) from one of hobby builders on kite-stuff.org.

Well, you can read here what did Jazz get from them... or read on FS site, whos introduced them on kites as far as I know.
Benjamin_vine wrote: just look at their history and the massive list of kitesurfing ideas they have invented that are taken for granted now.

higa
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby higa » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:57 am

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2313242&postdays= ... ri&start=0

does anyone stock thease kites photo ?

they are customized with added venturi wing.

Cortex
Frequent Poster

Re: OMG

Postby Cortex » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Gigi;) wrote:Well,

here's one pic of the ILE kite with jet flaps (vented) from one of hobby builders on kite-stuff.org.

Well, you can read here what did Jazz get from them... or read on FS site, whos introduced them on kites as far as I know.
Yepp, I don't know if Flysurfer was first with using them but they've had Jetflaps on all of their waterkites since the Titan. The Jetflaps present on the their newest Speed2 are something like 6:th or 7:th generation of this concept. They work pretty good indeed. :thumb:

You can see them near the TE on the picture above.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Toby wrote:no race at the event?
Toby - there was a quite long upwind race but it was held on the Saturday and the wind was very light. The smallest kite used was a 16m and most were on bigger kites with many people not able to finish. The only 2 vented kites we had at the event were 12m 2008 Rise kites as we expected more wind! Sunday the wind picked up though and Jeremie was able to show off his skills with the new kite and we were able to get a number of people out on demos with it.
kitenprod wrote:We have here a very good inovation on the gear with an SLE kite perfect for all kind of high jump hang time and also frestyle unhook with still a very good depower... I 'll post some news on http://www.jeremietronet.com

Jeremie Tronet :bye:
We were stoked to have Jeremie on hand to help with the unofficial unveiling of this kite last weekend at Windfest 07, he was able to perfectly show what this kite is capable of!
Cortex wrote:Yepp, I don't know if Flysurfer was first with using them but they've had Jetflaps on all of their waterkites since the Titan. The Jetflaps present on the their newest Speed2 are something like 6:th or 7:th generation of this concept. They work pretty good indeed. :thumb:
Indeed, this has been a proven concept with foil kites which is exactly why we are so excited to introduce them on the new 2008 Inflateable Leading Edge kites from Ocean Rodeo. I predict that we will see a number of kite companies follow this trend.

JZ

Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Gigi;) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Well, if you checked the link that I've posted above, it was introduced/tested on ILE roughly 2 years ago...

Still, nice to see that someone found benefit in them... hope all goes well!

I wonder when someone will "introduce" artificial feathers on ILE kites, like FS on some ot their designs... :roll:

:bye:
ORSales wrote:
Cortex wrote:Yepp, I don't know if Flysurfer was first with using them but they've had Jetflaps on all of their waterkites since the Titan. The Jetflaps present on the their newest Speed2 are something like 6:th or 7:th generation of this concept. They work pretty good indeed. :thumb:
Indeed, this has been a proven concept with foil kites which is exactly why we are so excited to introduce them on the new 2008 Inflateable Leading Edge kites from Ocean Rodeo. I predict that we will see a number of kite companies follow this trend.

JZ

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:51 pm

tenebaum wrote:interesting! can you provide close-ups of the vents?
Here is a close up of one of the vents, as I have more photos submitted I will put them up. We paid a professional photographer to shoot the event for us and will have these photos in the office in the next couple days.

JZ

2008 Rise Venturi Vent

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:56 pm

ORSales wrote: it was held on the Saturday and the wind was very light. The smallest kite used was a 16m and most were on bigger kites with many people not able to finish.
Guess ya didn't have any speed2-19's over there on race day? If I'd a known about it I'd a busted outa race re-tire-ment, buzzed over in my personal heli and given it a run-for-the-money.

aeberl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby aeberl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:17 am

Is that webing under the flap?
Is that black strip past the vent dacron?
Any more reviews?

munteruk
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby munteruk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:45 am

aeberl wrote:Is that webing under the flap?
Any more reviews?
It looks like a bit of mesh so that the air can pass through. I'm guessing its required to make sure the canopy maintains is overall shape.

spind
Medium Poster

Postby spind » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:22 pm

munteruk wrote:
aeberl wrote:Is that webing under the flap?
Any more reviews?
It looks like a bit of mesh so that the air can pass through. I'm guessing its required to make sure the canopy maintains is overall shape.
And just shows as always the quality of the OR build of kites. Serious about making their kites tough where they can take the knocks - mine definitely have. Many other companies should take a lesson on building kites like OR.

Return to “Kitesurfing”