Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What's up with [name of a jerk here] on Nemi HP topics?!

Forum for kitesurfers
alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

What's up with [name of a jerk here] on Nemi HP topics?!

Postby alexeyga » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:06 pm

I'm rather new on the forum but what up with these cheap-ass topics by BEST? Is it their normal practice every time a new kite is released?

bill kraft on the nemi HP..... alvaro on the new Nemi HP

WTF? :evil:

Who's next? Perris Hilton? Mary fucking Poppins?

groundclown
Medium Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge, and Seaside
Favorite Beaches: Florence, Sunset, Manzo, and "Lyle" banned by the Rail Road because we are to stupid to cross the tracks I guess.
Gear: Windwing '09, Drops Daze 130X43, OpenOcean custom 6'2" squash tail
Brand Affiliation: Windwing R@D
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby groundclown » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:16 pm

Paris is a shoe-in, but good luck getting Mary Poppins "popp'n" :buttsmile: out of here bikini. Just would not fit otherwise.

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:34 pm

yep, it's normal

Ever sicne Best started.

Funny thing is, this topic will probably end up in flamers paradise, yet not the ones you speak of.

Who woulda thunk

bleighty
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby bleighty » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:52 pm

The honest answer is that Best is using the forums as a great marketing tool. for the most part (examples otherwise of course) the Best-hype comes out in threads concerning Best products.. I see absolutely nothing wrong with them defending and marketing their kites in threads regarding their stuff.

Do they start all the threads? some but not many.. at least not lately.. i know that was a sore subject for a while..

I think the big question should be "why dont other companies use the forums in the same way?" ...

and dont sling any b.s. about this because Best is proof that it works when their kites live up to the hype. The 2006 Waroo changed everything for them.

Yes.. I own Best kites and yes I roll my eyes everytime (once every 5 months) I hear that the new kite coming out is THE BEST KITE EVER MADE...but you have to understand their stoke on their product and they are using the tools that are laid out before them to get the word out on their kites.

Again.. its marketing the same way that every f*cking commercial on TV during a sports game is related to beer or a new pickup truck.. or the commercials during prime time tv is related to finance, shopping, or insurance companies.. marketing 101.. know your customer base and use what you can to get the word out.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:03 pm

bleighty wrote:The honest answer is that Best is using the forums as a great marketing tool. for the most part (examples otherwise of course) the Best-hype comes out in threads concerning Best products.. I see absolutely nothing wrong with them defending and marketing their kites in threads regarding their stuff.

Do they start all the threads? some but not many.. at least not lately.. i know that was a sore subject for a while..

I think the big question should be "why dont other companies use the forums in the same way?" ...

and dont sling any b.s. about this because Best is proof that it works when their kites live up to the hype. The 2006 Waroo changed everything for them.

Yes.. I own Best kites and yes I roll my eyes everytime (once every 5 months) I hear that the new kite coming out is THE BEST KITE EVER MADE...but you have to understand their stoke on their product and they are using the tools that are laid out before them to get the word out on their kites.

Again.. its marketing the same way that every f*cking commercial on TV during a sports game is related to beer or a new pickup truck.. or the commercials during prime time tv is related to finance, shopping, or insurance companies.. marketing 101.. know your customer base and use what you can to get the word out.
Well said .

Its just marketing , thats it

And looking it this way Best has managed to create some of the most " unforgettable " sentences in our sport .

I am sure in 20 years time people will still remember the "Hellfish , all other kites are from now on Obsolete" famous " Gumball " words

Have fun

Saludos

tiger20
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tiger20 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:28 pm

bleighty -- I totally agree. Finally, a well formulated reasonable response on kiteforum. You must be new here. But I agree. Announcing new gear and making their opinions known is ok. Making outrageous claims that other brands kites are unridable is not only wrong it's a malicius attempt to sway public opinion.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Re: What's up with [name of a jerk here] on Nemi HP topics?!

Postby Windrider » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:28 pm

alexeyga wrote:I'm rather new on the forum but what up with these cheap-ass topics by BEST? Is it their normal practice every time a new kite is released?

bill kraft on the nemi HP..... alvaro on the new Nemi HP

WTF? :evil:

Two answers:
(1) This is a "free" forum... no cost to you the end user. Where do you think the money comes from that pays for it? Toby's altruism? It comes from the manufacturers who advertise here. Business-wise, that should give them some right to discuss their products and product announcements on this forum.

(2) Would you rather have (a) Manufacturer representation/participation on this forum, or (b) no Manufacturer representation/participation on this forum? Right now Best, Eclipse Ocean Rodeo, Windwing, Nobile and some others do actively / regularly participate. With several of these, it is the actual owners and designers who are paying attention and contributing. Best is probably one of the most active manufacturers, and their participation ranges from the owners to the retailers to the sponsored riders. That's fantastic! Where's Pete and Robbie? Probably scared away by comments such as yours...

I believe that manufacturer participation adds a lot to this forum. Manufacturer participation gives this forum creditability as a place to voice ideas and opinions that will be heard by those who can make the changes real, the manufacturers. Comments such as yours do nothing but give the manufacturers grounds for not participating in forums like this.

If you think that forums should not allow manufacturer participation because they only contribute "cheap-ass topics" then you should consider setting up a forum yourself where you can impose your own rules. Be prepared to have to charge for memberships though because you may not get enough advertisers to cover the costs, and don't expect manufacturers to participate because, no matter what they try to communicate, you will call it marketing BS.

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:37 pm

Just ignore the posts if you don't like them ..... I personally think that Tautologies Naish pimping is more annoying than gumby's posts.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:09 pm

SBBeachbum wrote:Just ignore the posts if you don't like them ..... I personally think that Tautologies Naish pimping is more annoying than gumby's posts.
I will agree with that !

Tauto leaves SQ for dead !

speedreef
Medium Poster

Postby speedreef » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:45 pm

ironic

then

that tautologies

used best

before switchin'