Mango
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Oh Geez

Postby Mango » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 am

Hi Guys,

Well, first of all I have to say I am very sorry to all the guys out there who have been waiting and or had their goods arrive damaged. These two issues have been out of my control. But this is not excuse. Every company manufactures in third world countries to increase profit. I do it to bring you a better price. Unless I am personally there to pack the board I just cannot say anything other than sorry it arrived damaged. I will replace the damaged items. With regard to delay. These foils have sold out a number of times. And we have played a bit of catch up with every ones orders. Additionally, we have started a new kiteboard line that has taken my focus away from the foilboard and again I am sorry to all of you who lacked in my attention for a bit. I am on my way to the factory this week to "crack the whip with kindness" and get things back in order. To all of you who have suffered in some way or another. I would like to offer you a complimentary CARAFINO KITEBOARD to make up for it.
Please contact me directly at carafino@aol.com. Until then, all the best. Mango

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks for the links, but not only are they not carbon, they're also more expensive!

Mel

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:43 pm

tautologies wrote: I liked the feeling a lot, but it was DAMN hard to ride.

It does worry me if the carbon would explode on impact if you hit something, as we have a lot of coral heads here.
Yes, at the VERY BEGINNING it IS "damn hard to ride", but one of the main reasons I started this topic is to let everybody know that it VERY quickly becomes much easier*, and to report my progress & give some tips, to try to help others get the hang of it even faster. Just doing 2 things will really help a lot: PIVOT with your hips for directional control, & STOMP on your front foot as soon as the nose starts to rise.

* 1 hour going downwind, then ripping upwind, & the next session mostly flying the whole time.

I see that Mango has posted here again, so maybe he'll see this & re-tell his reef-bashing story.

Mel

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 pm

I just sent him an email and got a quick reply.

The boards look awesome. Yay, I wonder where I can hide this toy at home :-)

A.

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Oh Geez

Postby flyingweasel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chingadero
Medium Poster

Postby Chingadero » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:50 pm

I want to try one! I hear they are kickass! I think everyone is having to wait on 08' stuff. that time of year

Diabloglider
Rare Poster

Postby Diabloglider » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Kiteboarder, how's your progress on the foil board?

I received my Carafino Foilboard this week and your postings were very helpful. On my first day the winds were on the light side so I spent most of the time in the water. Towards the end of the session the wind picked up and I got a few short flights. Overall I felt like a total beginner all over again.

On the second day I started off a little discouraged after a couple of painfull wipeouts and felt like I was never going to be able to ride toeside. Then it clicked!!! At the end of the 1.5h session I was getting long runs in both directions with multiple flights. I went up wind so much I was actually having to concentrate hard to go downwind.

I still need more practice to feel really comfortable but can't wait to get out and do it some more!

Greg

Chingadero
Medium Poster

Postby Chingadero » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:48 pm

I just saw the pricing for the new boards in Kiteworld Magazine for the Carafino kiteboard line. I heard it is like a Nobile 666, is that price right??? $463.00 US????

zvictor77
Rare Poster
Local Beach: bucerias, puerto vallarta, Mexico
Gear: cabrinha, naish, underground

Re: Carafino Hydrofoil Kiteboard Review

Postby zvictor77 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:44 am

Take My advise, Do not buy from carafino. All the negative reviews you have read are true; the board is crap, (Mine broke on the first session) it takes forever to actually arrive. Mango usually promises a kiteboard as compensation for his mistakes but mine never arrived, neither my refund. I have tried for a year!!! to get my money back. they never say no, it just does not happens. Total waste of time and energy.

If you care to hear the hole story i'm more than willing to share. feel free to contact me.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Re: Carafino Hydrofoil Kiteboard Review

Postby cglazier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 am

I am happy with my Carafino board. It did take forever to arrive and it did break, but only because I hit bottom with it. Now that I have repaired it, it works well.

A warning: this is a difficult board to ride. The Carafino video implies that you will be riding it almost the first day ..I would say 5 to 10 hours of effort may be more typical. But it is worth it and the sensation of riding above the water noiselessly is beautiful.

This board will not replace your regular kiteboard, but it is a very special fun toy to have, especially for light wind days. I personally look forward to high tide days when it is deep enough for me to ride mine.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

Return to “Kitesurfing”