Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Forum for kitesurfers
FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Malibu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby FredBGG » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:54 pm

BullsShit.com wrote:
FredBGG wrote:Oh I forgot to mention....
Today I was out at Leo Carillo and just as I ended my session we spotted a group of 3 or more Dolphins surfing in the waves....... priceless..... lovely way to end a session :thumb:
Could you imagine what these two guys would be thinking if Dolphins treaded humans like the Dolphin Hunters treat Dolphins :o :wink:

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby SalmonSlayer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:51 pm

FredBGG wrote:
I guess sharks eating the odd human is sustainable hunting.....
It is sustainable hunting. No guessing needed. In fact, sharks could consume every kiteboarder alive and it would be sustainable. While we may not like to see shark attacks as ok, they are perfectly natural.
FredBGG wrote:nature will unfortunately not be able to rid itself of the abusive human race :-?
How can nature get rid of itself? Humans are natural. If humans continue to exist it is natural. It is also natural if humans become extinct.

If you really think humans are unnatural and abusive, I suggest you set an example by removing yourself first. Unless. of course, you were not including yourself as one of those abusive humans. how does one become a judge of which humans are abusive and which ones are not?
FredBGG wrote:Any way you have to be a real heartless, selfish and greedy person to enjoy whale meat.

Well count me in that crowd. I have enjoyed the fine taste of raw Beluga whale (may be considered a dolphin) five minutes after being pulled out of the Bering Sea. Mmmm good!!!!
FredBGG wrote:These gentle giants are friendly and pretty harmless.

So are cows. Do you own any leather??
FredBGG wrote:Could you imagine trying to kitesurf if the whales were out to get us like many humans are out to get them.


It would be fairly spooky, but it isn't the case. There is nothing wrong with the human races position in the food chain. It is natural. Are you embarrassed or ashamed to be human?
FredBGG wrote:Check out this video before you think of eating whale meat again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6x5I0F7XM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just look how carefully this giant approaches his new friends in the small boat.
How about a little reality check. How do you think Killer whales got their name. They kill whales!!
check out this video on those horrible abusive killer whales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXKrF08 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All mammals kill something to survive. It is natural.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby SalmonSlayer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:10 pm

FredBGG wrote: Just look how carefully this giant aproaches his new friends in the small boat.

Cheers

Fred
Fred,

This video should make you happy. Japanese humans are trying to help a Humpback Whale and the whale kills one of the helpers. When will nature get rid of those abusive Humpback whales? SAVE THE JAPANESE!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHIBwl-rSaI&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3753
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:56 am
Kiting since: 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby Windrider » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:58 pm

It was a sperm whale, but I undesrstand your point.

You don't mess with injured animals unless you can totally subdue them. Anything less, and they will fight back irrespective of your intentions simply because they don't know your intentions.

I've never understood what makes people think that a marine animal in a cove is "lost" and "needs help finding its way out of the cove." If the animal is there, odds are it went there on purpose and knows how to get out. Your efforts to help it are actually a harassment and will make it either afraid or angry.

User avatar
RideLow
Frequent Poster
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:30 am
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle
Location: In the search for wind
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby RideLow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:45 am

FredBGG: The only reason you are on this planet is thanks to your ancestors. hunting and feeding on animals thats lower in the foodchain. I bet you are a vegan too... and cant pop..

I love whales. I have kited with Whalesharks and respect their place on this planet.
Raw hunting and bad hunting pratice is not good for anyone, especially the animal being hunted...
Still, most places in the world where whales are being hunted and eaten they use better ways and the animals hunted dont suffer as much as the videos shown on youtube..

I bet you are against Bullfighting aswell, even if those bulls have the best life imaginable and live much longer than cows that are born only to end up on you dinner plate.. What would you want to be if you were a bull?
-A free bull, living a good life and then go out with a bang in a big arena
-A bull born in a stable, living in a 1,5mX3 meter booth.. being feed by a machine just to be killed when u get big enough to make a profit..

My choice is an easy one..

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Malibu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby FredBGG » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 am

RideLow wrote:FredBGG: The only reason you are on this planet is thanks to your ancestors. hunting and feeding on animals thats lower in the foodchain. I bet you are a vegan too... and cant pop..
Humans survived mainly through gathering and scavenging, not hunting a meat diet. The hard and unequivical evidence is how carniverous features have dissapeared as we evolved. Apart from that no civilization has gained significant prosperity and sufficient food without farming cereals fruits and vegetables for human consumption. Just look at history.

Yes I am a vegan and I have the blood work of a fit 20 year old despite being almost 50.
Colesterol level of 78 for example.

I don't think vegans that can't poop exist. In my case I am often shocked at how well and abundantly I can poop :o :wink:
Does that make me full of shit????? Wait no it doesn't because I dump it at will.

As far as Bullfights go I think they are a pathetic. Systematic killing of an animal for entertainment and so that a few bullfighters can prove how macho (or plain stupid) they are. That said I know that it also takes skill to be a Bullfighter, but hell what a lousy way to use that skill. Acrobats are far more impressive. Yes I know someone will point out that it is a national tradition bla bla bla ... so is female genital mutilation in some countries so don't use the "national tradition defense".

What else can I say..... go ahead and enjoy your "marine life meat" while the mercury builds up in your system bringing on a slew of nightmare conditions.
That said you can at least help eliminte the mercury from your system by eating plenty of vietnamese parsley. For some reason it helps.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Malibu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WTF: Japan whale fleet hunts humpback whales

Postby FredBGG » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 am

It looks likle things may be starting to change over in Japan

http://www.smh.com.au/news/whale-watch/ ... 71935.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Japanese Language website for Greenpeace is getting 10,000 hits per hour
many regarding the whale hunt with many viewrs joining and signing petitions.

The Australian gov has set up a plane to monitor whales and whalers... they are keeping a close watch :thumb:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jacksparrow, MSN [Bot], pj sofine, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests