BEST BARS !?!?

Forum for kitesurfers
kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BEST BARS !?!?

Postby kiterfighter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:15 am

Once again a controversy over a lame bar. Check out the Best forum to see how some Best consumers are pissed off with it... again.

Concerns include:

Buy an 08 Best kite get an 07 bar. Nice lasts years tech.

1.No elastic winders to keep your lines wrapped.

I guess its too expensive considering a plain jane 9m Warroo is a whopping $1000 (with the crappy 300 bar)

2.Using OR designs that OR quit using last year.

3.No easy attachment for your leash.

( I'd love to meet SQ in person and watch him use my old Grenade bar he sold me. Video of that I would pay to see.)

There are more complaints but read it there for yourself.

I love the guy who fixes the bar four ways and post a picture of it! Further proof should not be necessary.
Last edited by kiterfighter on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:23 am

Your points would be more valid if you werent just bashing

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:30 am

Well if their invalid could you bother to point out how? I took all the info of the Best forum, people who love best enough to buy thier kites, so it seems kinda lazy or hackish of you.

I bash when I see they need it.

Maybe your just another Best hack who gets the Bro deal....

Eltreato
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Acadia, 3rd Ave.
Favorite Beaches: Manzanita
Gear: old junk
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: BEST BARS !?!?

Postby Eltreato » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:33 am

kiterfighter wrote:Once again a controversy over a lame bar. Check out the Best forum to see how some Best consumers are pissed off with it... again.

Concerns include:

I guess its too expensive considering a plain jane 9m Warroo is a whopping $1000 (with the crappy 300 bar)

Since the beggining I have "bashed" BEST for unsafe QR's and shitty bars. Even the sales guys at real comment how crappy they are when I brought them back.( I'd love to meet SQ in person and watch him use my old Grenade bar he sold me. Video of that I would pay to see.)

I love the guy who fixes the bar four ways and post a picture of it! Further proof should not be necessary.
Who peed in your Cheerios? Oh wait it was me. If you don't like it don't buy it. I'd take an '07 BEST bar any day over the bars of most other companies' '08 bars.

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:34 am

No offense meant. Ignorance is bliss.

I don't hate thier kites in fact I have stated on this forum (ad nauseum) , that I have bought and enjoyed several of thier kites.

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ryansurf1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:42 am

its kinda a weird fetish you have about Best...bars.

don't ya think?..

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:53 am

HeHe, lets not go there or Da Dog may join us soon...

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: BEST BARS !?!?

Postby PAFF » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:14 am

kiterfighter wrote:Once again a controversy over a lame bar. Check out the Best forum to see how some Best consumers are pissed off with it... again.

Concerns include:

( I'd love to meet SQ in person and watch him use my old Grenade bar he sold me. Video of that I would pay to see.)

Yes.. The bar sucks big time. And the 08 bar will not be ready until spring.

My local shop just sells Rew or smartloop bars whit the best08 kites, as they also carry North-Naish-SS-Cab.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:27 am

I have a 2007 Best bar, and I like it. I had the 2006 bar, and I liked it too. I also had an old Naish bar which I liked...... Haven't yet run into a "bad" bar.

Yes, there is a discussion on the Best web site in which Best is soliciting input on features that customers want to see in the next bars. They've incororated some of those features for the upcoming 2008 bars (remember... it's still 2007... so a 2007 bar is not antiquated...) and will include more of the customer-requested features in the 2009 bar. I didn't get the impression that it was a customer gripe session. It seemed like a customer input solicitation from Best.

I have the handlepass leash with the "push away to release" release mechanism. It still has the old loop-strap on the chicken loop quick release which works well for me, but does not work well for people with wet suits gloves on. That sounds like a 2009 bar design change issue.

My understanding is that the Best bar is certainly not one of the worst out there. General impression is that it's probably about as good as most of the bars out there... in the middle of the pack.

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:57 pm

Windrider: Well done spin! You can always be counted on. Hope your well compensated for your work.

Good to know you admit the best bar is not the "best" out there. Maybe Best is not really a good name for the company. Middle of the road might be more accurate?

Return to “Kitesurfing”