Best place to kite and stay in Aruba

Forum for kitesurfers
kitejunkie
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best place to kite and stay in Aruba

Postby kitejunkie » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 am

I will check out Aruba after they arrest that punk that raped and killed an American girl that went there for a graduation vacation. Talk about a botched investigation and consequent coverup.

kytsrf
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kytsrf » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Since this is a kite forum, it must be said that my '08 Vegas 10M +
'08 Nobile 666 129cm are performing outstandingly together.

As far as Aruba goes, many around the world feel the rage:
this on last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odHQqq7oR7w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpower
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alpower » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 am

Well, like so many threads it looks like this one is being hijacked. I don't want to make light of what happened since it is very serious and it looks like it was botched investigation but if I decided not to travel a country that has had a miscarriage of justice I guess I wouldn't be going anywhere. I did watch the Heraldo video and interestingly they were suggesting to put it to a jury but a very quick investigation would have shown that, like many countries in the world, Aruba doesn't use juries, only judges.
Last edited by alpower on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

josesr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sint joris bay
Favorite Beaches: Le Galion, Sint Maarten
Boca Grandi, Aruba

Postby josesr » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:36 am

You can stay at the Boardwalk apartments. They have facilities for windsurfers and kitesurfers. There is a kiteshop, Cabrinha dealer, if you need a kite. This complex is located across the road of Marroit, so you can walk to Fishersman hut, but I recommend you to book a car.

You can also contact Armando, if he has an appartment for you. check http://www.kitesurfingaruba.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details.

When I'm there, I kite in the morning from 8:00- 10:30 and then after lunch we go to Boca for some steady wind.

Bring a 11m, the wind is 14-28 knots.

Good winds.

BocaBum
Rare Poster

Postby BocaBum » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:29 am

if you like ultra gusty wind you can stay at the boardwalk. BUT on the other hand if you like steady wind and some small waves you can stay here http://www.aruba-beach-chalets.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is a 15 minute drive to Boca.

if youre still considering the fisherman's huts just keep in mind that its straight offshore and if you cant come back you'll have to pay $20 for the boat rescue.

i know so because i live here.

and about joran V/D sloot, he killed/ raped whatever Natalie at the huts. but no worries he's in holland now.

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 am

boca is very nice. personally I enjoy the super gusts at the huts because it's like a turbo elevator in the jumps you can go BIG if you time it right. Either way ride both sides of the island.

The water at the huts is shallow for like 100 yards so there is no need to ride further out if shit happens you can easily walk or swim back in. From my experience the guys at huts are really cool and if you take the time to meet and get to know people they won't charge you if you really need a rescue. Also even in offshore wind you can body drag upwind with the board not quickly but effectively.

I don't live there yet :) but just another point of view.

ogm
Medium Poster

Postby ogm » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:46 pm

BEWARE, The only Flat Water spot is at the Hut and is restricted for Kitesurfing from 10 AM to 5 PM. If you really want to kitesurf during the day, you will need to rent a car and drive close to an hour to BOCA. Do not take your girlfreind or she will fry, nowhere to hide from the sun at Boca. The Water at Boca is choppy and people start arriving around 1:00PM. The place is small and can get very crowded. Based on what you said and want, Aruba is not the right destination for you.

hightimes
Frequent Poster

Postby hightimes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:43 pm

At least in Aruba you can go go to school without gettn shot.....

Return to “Kitesurfing”