jeff1
Medium Poster
Style: freeride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

naish alliance on its way

Postby jeff1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:51 pm

8 & 12 metre on its way :lol: 2 weeks left to wait but in the meantime can i here some positive info :thumb: .Kites are ordered so not interested in negative stuff

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: naish alliance on its way

Postby tautologies » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:58 am

awesome.

How hard is it to wait? I can't stand waiting...right now we are waiting for wind, and it sucks...

I've only had a short run on the kite...felt really nice to me. Very smooth. Looped good, but I was very underpowered so I couldn't get the real deal out of it.

A.

jeff1
Medium Poster

Postby jeff1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 am

I hate having to wait but there is no choice. At least i have the helix to use in the meantime.Have not got a full propper run on them yet.Bring on the alliance. Hope you get wind soon

JFB
Frequent Poster

Postby JFB » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Good choice! what size helix do u have to complement the 12 and 8m Alliance?

jeff1
Medium Poster

Postby jeff1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:08 pm

I only have the helixs until the alliance comes in.I have the use of a 9 & 12 . I have flown them but not for full sessions as the wind has been all over the place but the 9 is a fast kite.I also only have them with the old bar system.Looking forwrd to the smart loop.

Swanny
Rare Poster

Postby Swanny » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:35 am

Hi jeff,

I have a 14m and love it. I suggest setting the back lines to the shortest knot & using the back position for the front line attachment on the kite.

jeff1
Medium Poster

Postby jeff1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

I have a 14m and love it. I suggest setting the back lines to the shortest knot & using the back position for the front line attachment on the kite
Have you tried all the knots.What kite do you compare it to.
Have you any problems with hinderburghing.

Swanny
Rare Poster

Postby Swanny » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:41 pm

I have tried the shortest and the middle knot. It is easy to over sheet the kite on the shortest knot right at the bottom of the wind range but when you get use to it you can create a lot more power. I found the middle knot was good for just cruising around but had too much depower when jumping (i don't like having to hold the bar at the quick release to get full power) This is the reason i haven't used the third knot. I have not had any hinderburging problems at all.

jeff1
Medium Poster

Postby jeff1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks for all the replys.Its a real pain having to wait another two weeks but cant wait.Keep the posts coming. :thumb:

koma
Rare Poster
Gear: Nobile, Naish, Slingshot, Mystic, Oneill.

Postby koma » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:06 pm

I've been riding an Alliance 12m for most of this years Australian season (Melbourne: November-March) and have been absolutely loving it! Like others have suggested; i fly mine on the tightest rear line setting, but found the bar pressure to be too high for my liking using the rear of the two front line attachment points.

I had a couple of hindenburging issues when i first started with the Alliance, but it was mostly just me overflying the kite whilst teabagging and crashing tricks. Now i've learnt that it likes to stay a little further back in the wind window whilst pulling tricks and it's fantastic. Absolutely love the smartloop; so neat and simple! The quick release is brilliant and easy enough that i can re-rig it underwater without looking.

Now i'm just looking for a ~8-9m kite to compliment the Alliance 12. I'll have to get a demo on an Alliance 8m to see if i like it as much as the 12. My only criticism would be that i wish the 12 would turn a little faster. It does turn as quick as anything else i've flown but it seems to just take a little more grunt and commitment to turn it quickly.

Return to “Kitesurfing”