Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Enhance your c-kite depower

Forum for kitesurfers
funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Enhance your c-kite depower

Postby funalex » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:21 pm

Don't let anymore your old c-kite sleeping in the garage !

Ivel
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua
Style: mostly strapless surfboard
Gear: not panzy bow kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Enhance your c-kite depower

Postby Ivel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:07 am

that looks pretty cool. i've been expierimenting with a double depower setup on my c-kites. makes them depower better than any SLE/ Bow ive ever ridden. i'm going to try to make that but is there any way you could translate it for me please? or could you tell me the line lengths?
thanks

funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Postby funalex » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:16 am

here is a translation...I precise this mod have been tested many times on a f-one dream 3, even if I don't have photos.

viktor
Frequent Poster

Postby viktor » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:25 am

Looks interesting. Am I reading it right that it splits the tension between the 5-th and the front lines as 2:1, ie one third of the tension on the 5th?

Bozo
Medium Poster

Postby Bozo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:29 am

actually according to freetranslations.com the first sentence reads:

"add a breadth linen between the lateral blood sausages"

but w/e... :lol:

So let me see if I understand. When you sheet in, tension increases in the back lines pulling the kite down, which extends the 5th line.

Sheeting out causes the kite to pitch forward, shortening the 5th line and lengthening the front lines.

The spanwise line prevents the change in profile that would be caused by supporting the kite by the 5th line?

Question: Since the tension in the two front lines and the 5th line are all equal (they should be right?) shouldn't the tension in the front lines keep the kites shape? Have you tested without the spanwise line?

This looks really cool! I'm gonna have to try it on my kite!

Re Viktor: well when sheeted in all 4 (original) lines would take 1/4 the tension each. So now add a load supporting 5th line and now the load on the front two lines (1/2 the total) are now divided between 3 lines. So the front lines and 5th line would take 1/6th the total load each.

viktor
Frequent Poster

Postby viktor » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:43 am

@bozo: I dont know if agree with you on that. First off, with 4 lines and fully powered up the back lines do not take a quarter of the tension the bar rests on the chickenloop and transfers the force. Second, have a look at how the pullies are arranged the 5th takes less force then the front lines (I am considering the front lines as one line).

@funalex: Did you not have a picture once of some kite which had something similar to what f-one and flexi have now, a two line bridle?
But when constantly running with tension on the 5th, in the middle of the kite, does it not have the tendency to buckle unless it is either pumped hard or have many points to distribute the load as a bow/sle have?

spoetnik
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Scheveningen, Ter Heijde
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby spoetnik » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:49 am

Take a look at the RRD total depower bar.
http://www.live2kite.com/product_info.p ... 9da2f5bbb7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Postby funalex » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:52 am

Question: Since the tension in the two front lines and the 5th line are all equal (they should be right?) shouldn't the tension in the front lines keep the kites shape? Have you tested without the spanwise line?
without the span line, the kite flatten, and the tension balance between the 3 main lines make the kite flatten more quickly, so this span-line is really important.
Did you not have a picture once of some kite which had something similar to what f-one and flexi have now, a two line bridle?
maybe you speak about my 2 year old mod (called tribalou) ? (http://funalex.free.fr/divers/tribalou/ ... 2_0234.JPG)
But when constantly running with tension on the 5th, in the middle of the kite, does it not have the tendency to buckle unless it is either pumped hard or have many points to distribute the load as a bow/sle have
?

The tension is not enough hard to deform the kite. it just add a constant tension, but not so important.

funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Postby funalex » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:56 am

spoetnik wrote:Take a look at the RRD total depower bar.
http://www.live2kite.com/product_info.p ... 9da2f5bbb7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I know it, but it's really not the same....

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:13 pm

ahhhh - just go get a Woo 08 ;)

C kite like performance with SLE depower. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”