Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help!!!! Drivng on Hatteras Beaches outlawed!!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
tungsten222
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Help!!!! Drivng on Hatteras Beaches outlawed!!!!

Postby tungsten222 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Original message expired.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:26 pm

dpca10 wrote:Yup here it is. Thanks for the link.

Here is an excerpt from the Snowy plover docent training manual.

Question: I just want to play ball with my friends. Why do you want me to move?

Reply: Active recreation is discouraged near the roost site because of the sensitivity of the area. The action of a group of people running around near the roost and tossing a ball through the air is very stressful for the plovers. They are forced to spend a lot of energy in vigilance -- watching to make sure that those stomping feet and flying balls are not a direct threat to their safety -- and running or flying away when they do feel threatened. That time and energy is better spent feeding and resting, so that they may have many, healthy chicks during the breeding season.
Santa Barbara has more than that beach that is kiteable and you know that. C-street is just a good 30 min away ..... So it's a bit lame if you have to insist kiting on the only beach that is closed.

gobigkahuna
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby gobigkahuna » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm

Mulholland, you're such an idiot you crack me up :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mulholland » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:59 pm

gobigkahuna wrote:Mulholland, you're such an idiot you crack me up :rollgrin: :rollgrin:
Just leave me alone and tell your enviro-fascist counterparts to do the same...BTW...your kite is made of green house gas emitting products and you fart Co2.

As for the snowy plover: Some stinky enviromentalists in Santa Monica have this section of Santa Monica beach fenced off to protect the snowy plover. I do soft sand jogs a couple times a week and every time I jog by this "snowy plover sanctuary," there isn't a snowy plover in it...I do see them, happy and healthy, along my 4 mile jog on the beach (of course not in their special little area)...They like to hang out in foot prints in the soft dry sand...They jump up, look around, and the moment you run by, they go back to just hanging out...They are far from endangered, they are far from inconvenienced.

I love how greenies all believe in "evolution", but they are so against evolution, adaptation, and the natural stressors of life that move it forward...Environmentalists somehow think of humans as unnatural, and any influence we have on nature must be stopped...Perhaps nature is demanding certain creatures should be extinct, but the enviro-fundamentalists want to preserve them despite it being their evolutionary time to die?...Sorta reminds me of those idiots who save whales, like they know exactly what the whale is thinking.

gobigkahuna
Frequent Poster

Postby gobigkahuna » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey Mul, any other pearls of wisdom to share? You're killing me! :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

dpca10
Frequent Poster

Postby dpca10 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Santa Barbara has more than that beach that is kiteable and you know that. C-street is just a good 30 min away ..... So it's a bit lame if you have to insist kiting on the only beach that is closed
Well when I was living in SB I was working 80++ hours a week as a surgical resident, I logged 126 hrs one week. So I didin't have the luxury of trouncing down to C street in 5pm traffic on the off day I got off early to catch the sunset session. That being said the point is: THE BEACH ISN'T CLOSED!!!! Despite what they tell you. I was just getting the poor plovers heart rate a little high by my kite being in the area. No... sands isn't a spot I insisted on kiting regularly but I took what I could get to stay sane. My point is that there were 2 snowy plover eggs in 2001. Now what was once a beautiful recreation area for people has become a maze of fence posts, rope and big brother. I'll offer you the same advice when they find a snowy plover egg at the launch in ventura. Just be prepared....

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 pm

dpca10 wrote: I'll offer you the same advice when they find a snowy plover egg at the launch in ventura. Just be prepared....
They won't .... :naughty:

waveknave
Frequent Poster

Postby waveknave » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:07 pm

..and now back to hatteras,
yes it really is too bad that it came to the "whacky-enviromentelist-treehugger-freaks" to bring it to the forefront, but maybe had the park come up with a long term sustainable plan instead of using an interim plan for nearly forty years it may never have come to this.

and really, if you have a problem hiking in 30-40lbs of gear for 15-30 minutes, maybe you should be asking yourself if you are really up to sailing the ocean side.

harden up.

Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mulholland » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:34 am

waveknave wrote:..and now back to hatteras,
yes it really is too bad that it came to the "whacky-enviromentelist-treehugger-freaks" to bring it to the forefront, but maybe had the park come up with a long term sustainable plan instead of using an interim plan for nearly forty years it may never have come to this.
What are you talking about?...I thought we were talking about eco-fascists shoving their warped pseudo-religious beliefs down our throats, and slowly but surely controlling and regulating every freaking aspect of our lives?...Like raising our gas and food prices isn't enough.

Just leave me alone. The eco-freaks aren't right, they aren't wiser, and they aren't more righteous than people who disagree with them.

gobigkahuna
Frequent Poster

Postby gobigkahuna » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am

...Like raising our gas and food prices isn't enough.
Tell us more, Mully-baby. Since more than half our food now comes from oversea and almost all our petroleum, just how are the tree huggers responsible for this? And while you're at it, how does 4x4 beach access in North Carolina effect you in Pacific Palisades, California?

Ahhh... if it weren't for PMU and Mully-baby, this forum would be so boring and civilized... :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”