Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Fuel 2007 with which bar?? Torch vs. Fuel ??

Forum for kitesurfers
Fuzel
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fuel 2007 with which bar?? Torch vs. Fuel ??

Postby Fuzel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:33 pm

Hey,
To all those slinghsot riders out there ....

i am thinking about getting a new quiver of the fuels from last year. They look pretty nice and only heard good stuff so far.
But i really dont like that slingshot profirebar. Has anyone ridden them with a different bar?? Naish-Shift would be my favourite...
Do you NEED that adjustable 5th line?
Which bars would be compatible?

Is there any big difference between the Torch 07 and the Fuel 07. The torchs are def. easier to get at the moment here.... looking for a nice wakestyle kite and maybe the occasional board off for fun when the wind picks up :)

Thanks for any advice !!!!

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Re: Fuel 2007 with which bar?? Torch vs. Fuel ??

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Until I switched all my kites to Torchs I had a 9m Fuel and it felt really weird with the shift system. I dont really know why but I spent tons of time tuning it and then when I switched to my 9m Torch there was a WORLD of difference. What don't you like about the profirebar?

Adrenalin

Naish Torchs and Balance Pro 133
http://www.wearebalance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuzel
Rare Poster

Postby Fuzel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:19 pm

At the Profirebar there just seems to be to much stuff around the bar itself, where i want to put my hands. I think i am just afraid of getting smacked in the head by all that plastic... :)

Also i cant get used to the idea having the adjuster directly at the chickenloop, and i am also not to much into that clamcleat thing....

I was riding the shift bar 06 until now and that just seems a bit tidier to me. really neat and no prob putting your hand around the middle for all those one handed moves....

But it seems like Shiftbar is a nogo with the fuels then...!?

Anyone knows about any other bars that might work?

Or does SS offer a bar with "normal" adjuster and smaller loop?? (well not the loop itself but the stuff around :) )

Darktanyan
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Darktanyan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 pm

It's easy to modify a kite bar. I relocated my profire bar's fifth line to the front line swivel, so it doesn't run all the way down to the chicken loop any more. You can probably relocate the depower cleat above the bar as well.

Return to “Kitesurfing”