Favorite Beaches: Pismo Beach CA, Gilgo NY, Rhosilli Bay WALES
Style: Free
Gear: Ocean Rodeos for the moment...
Brand Affiliation: Atomickiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Damn, what a f*cking nice movie...

Postby domdino » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:45 pm

It is an amazing video no doubt, incredible and leaps ahead of any other kite videos out there... but.... what was with the running away from the Lamborghini garage? That was pretty stupid.... reminded me of when i saw the new indiana jones film and wanted to shoot myself in the throat... but it's a kite video so i'll let it go :)

Ferosimo
Medium Poster

Postby Ferosimo » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:45 pm

cheers for NIN tip taut....
:thumb:

Drande
Medium Poster
Style: wakestyle
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, O'Neill

Postby Drande » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 pm

For me this is 10x more inspaering
http://www.poorboyzwindsurfing.com/node/15
I mean not in terms of sport but in terms of editing. I want to see and feel kiteboarding, not some kind matrix style computer supremacy over Hadlows riding.
Mabe its fine for 30 secs and then must be some atleast few mins of not overedited cleen riding footage.

domdino
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Pismo Beach CA, Gilgo NY, Rhosilli Bay WALES
Style: Free
Gear: Ocean Rodeos for the moment...
Brand Affiliation: Atomickiteboarding.com

Postby domdino » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:39 pm

Drande wrote:For me this is 10x more inspaering
I mean not in terms of sport but in terms of editing. I want to see and feel kiteboarding, not some kind matrix style computer supremacy over Hadlows riding.
Mabe its fine for 30 secs and then must be some atleast few mins of not overedited cleen riding footage.
I've gotta agree here... i mean, don't get me wrong, re:volve is astounding in a number of ways - the production quality is bar none but watching that windsurfing video sent shivers down my spine thinking about wind and water and didn't use any fancy effects... re:volve just makes me think woahhhh cool effect. The bits when they're talking in the video seem very staged, as does a lot of the action, the riding is great it just doesn't have the heart and soul... that's what i think anyway :) i AM still in awe of it.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:56 pm

domdino wrote:
Drande wrote:For me this is 10x more inspaering
I've gotta agree here... i mean, don't get me wrong, re:volve is astounding in a number of ways - the production quality is bar none but watching that windsurfing video sent shivers down my spine thinking about wind and water and didn't use any fancy effects... re:volve just makes me think woahhhh cool effect. The bits when they're talking in the video seem very staged, as does a lot of the action, the riding is great it just doesn't have the heart and soul... that's what i think anyway :) i AM still in awe of it.

What a great thread this is :thumb:

I actually agree with every single post in this thread !

The Andy Gordon video of Aron is insane, fantastic, art - a masterpiece and you look at it more than once :D

I also agree with Lesbian Horse, that the "moves" in this video is sooo boring - the same (for most except the experts) moves filmed over and over in different views, and carried out to be interesting by shooting and editing.

Also agree, it is hard to "live up to" the standard in newer videos.

And agree, that f.ex "The Windsurfing Movie" is something really special and awesome - it has the "soul" and story of what everything is about IMO.

Stoked over this Andy movie, for its technical details (and an awesome fantastic rider Aron is) - but can not see it as a longer "movie", without a very different story instead 8)

Great artwork here :thumb:

Kindly, Peter Frank

tiger20
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tiger20 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 pm

I still would like to see what a kiteboarding movie would look like with a Redbull sponsor and Taylor Steele type budget/ cinema quality.

Like a sipping Jetstreams for kiting. Lotta heli-shots and ability to chase conditions for a few months of filming. The money isn't there yet for the sport but someday.

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster

Postby surfingwithkites » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 am

Well, the ad copy for the windsurfing movie says, "filmed relentlessly for three years and in nine countries....shot on 16mm film and the latest hid-def...took 30 hours of helicopter time to perfect the matrix style jump sequences..with music from wolfmother, led zep, foo fighters nina simone, foghat, and the rolling stones......yada yada yada."

One song from this movie would cost more than any two kite videos would gross in sales. It's apples and oranges in terms of budget.

But then consider that both "Lines" and The Unknown Road" took a year and many countries to film.

If you think about that I'd say Andy and his boys did pretty damn good for one city and two cameras and one rider.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:00 am

if anyone get boring of this movie
then why not make better movie by yourself or shut up !
boring is your problem ! and take prozac ! :jump:

magic%20Ed
Frequent Poster

Postby magic%20Ed » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:05 am

[quote="Galeltic"]if anyone get boring of this movie
then why not make better movie by yourself or shut up !
boring is your problem ! and take prozac ! :jump:[/quote]

I never get this attitude. Somebody creates something and publishes it. This means he/she wants exposure. Exposure means comments, both possitive and negative. And then there are people who want the negative comments to disappear by bizar arguments.

I'd say that the comments in this thread are highly usable for everybody that wants to shoot/edit a sporting movie.

Anyhow, liked the technic and the quality, better watch it at a big screen, but also missed the "my jaw just fell down" kitesurf action.

skyseer
Frequent Poster

Postby skyseer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 am

Anyhow, liked the technic and the quality, better watch it at a big screen, but also missed the "my jaw just fell down" kitesurf action.
same here, also the wow effect is already gone with the second video, still I'd love to see a full lenght feature of this guy, doesn't really matter on which subject/sport

Return to “Kitesurfing”