Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Sport + more barpressure = what kite?

Forum for kitesurfers
panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone Sport + more barpressure = what kite?

Postby panchito » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:11 pm

jort wrote:Hi,

I'm kiting with my Ozone Sport 9m2 for a year now, really like the kite, but I just can't enjoy the light barpressure.

So I'm looking for another 9m2 kite that fly's like the Sport (lot's of depower, easy jumping, nice floats) but with lot's of barpressure!

What's the kite I'm looking for? Is there any? Or do all those hybrid / bow kites have this light barpressure?

Thnx!

The answer to your question is : Ozone Sport 9m2 modified

Simple .... you want to increase the bar pressure ?lot´s of depower ? easy jumping ? nice floats AND better low end ?

If the answer is YES to all , then you only need to modify your ACTUAL KITE .
This topic has been discussed since long time but basically you need a kite shop ( if you are in the US , I know several Ozone users that have used Airtime for the modification ) and the trick is adding a 3rd attachment for the front lines " mini bridle " , moving the entire set up around 14 cm ( the exact measurements I need to confirm ) and move the bridle at the LE further up , add ( if am not wrong ) 10 cm extensions and the result is a hole new kite feeling you wont believe you have the same kite anymore .

If you liked the stock version you will love the " new " one .

So , if your kite is still in good condition this is the best investment you could do .

My 9m Edge has good 60 sessions on it and it´s good enough for another 60 more....

Saludos

Franz

PS. if you are interested I can provide you with pics and exact details on " how to "

jort
Rare Poster

Postby jort » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 am

PS. if you are interested I can provide you with pics and exact details on " how to "
That sounds like the perfect solution, since I love the kite, but only want to have direct feedback of the kite in the air...

If you're able to send me a detailed 'how to', that would be awesome! :D

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 pm

HI

Measurements for 9m Ozone Sport & Edge 07

1) add a new attachment 13 cm away ( going towards centre of the kite )
2) reenforce the old upper attachment ( new centre ) with a strap on the opposite side ( latter attach the bridle to BOTH old & new straps
3) add 9 cm extensions to the lines

Ready
Attachments
PIC00025.JPG
PIC00010.JPG
PIC00015.JPG
PIC00024.JPG

jort
Rare Poster

Postby jort » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Thnx alot, I'm gonna try this one first... sounds like the best option!

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:13 pm

jort wrote:Thnx alot, I'm gonna try this one first... sounds like the best option!
Huh... new kite for only 100 bucks ? I like the mod so much I am replacing my " ridden to death " 11 m with ... guess what ? an 11 m Edge 07 :thumb: and the best of all .... I get them for 1/3 of the stock price nowadays .

Let me know when you have tried it .

Saludos

Franz

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Panchito's mod has one more benefit for those who like the simple bar set up. If you want to use regular kitesurfing cleat and have a clean sheeting system it will work with less effort. :thumb:

garyb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Rest Bay, Porthcawl
Favorite Beaches: Kilcummin, Brandon Bay, Co Kerry.
Bellmullet, west coast, Ireland
Mexico's, Gwithian, Cornwall, UK
Style: Waves!
Gear: Ozone C4. 5,7,9 metre
Home built surfboards, 5'6" squash tail surfboard, 5'10" squash tail surfboard, 6'2" bat tail quad. + 5' 4" Underground Freewave

Postby garyb » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 pm

kitesurfbali wrote:Very easy....
Ozone Instinct Light II 9m
More bar pressure and almost same performance of the Sport, maybe a bit less hang time and high in jumps, but more stability and much much better in waves.
Open the back "V" and connect your back line only to the attachment point near the TE.
Faster, more direct feel and a bit more bar pressure.
And you save $$$$$$.
Bye Jankie
Hi Jankie
Just bought a 12m Light II for use in waves. Nicely built kite, but I found the steering a bit slow, and had to shorten the backlines as well as pulling in the bar end line adjusters. I would like to try as you suggest above. Is it safe to do this? Is 1 attachment point rather than 2 strong enough? Do you just re-attach the existing pigtail which joins the 2 'V'lines direct to the TE loop? Do you need to extend the pigtail as it looks like this modification would shorten the backlines considerably.
Cheers

Gary

Return to “Kitesurfing”