NeverTouchGround wrote:Looks like a good thread for my question. I don't know if it have been answered before, but I need some advise ...
It's about the use of QR with 5th line. After operating the QR the kite lands on its back and almost every time (after I reconnect the QR and try to relaunch by steering the bar) it rolls and the 5th is "wrapping" around the kite. I did it many times in shallow water trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong but no luck.
The kite manual (vegas 07) describes the procedure just like above.
I really need some advise because nobody around here seems able to help me ...
Thanks in advance.
If the kite is rolling and the fifth wrapping around the kite, it usually means that there is slack in the steering and power lines. You're not swimming or moving towards the kite are you? No need for this with a 5th
Main purpose of the 5th for relaunch is to assist you in getting the kite to start to go on it's back. I say start because you don't want it to go all the way on it's back with the wingtips up. Here is my relaunch using the 5th line assuming the kite is leading edge down.
1. Flip the bar so the steering lines are crossed.
2. Pull enough line in on the 5th so the kite starts to flip so it is half way between vertical and flat on its back.
3. Pull on the bar on one side to make the kite travel to the side of the wind window.
4. As the wingtip of the kite starts to raise up out of the water, let the 5th line out while still having the bar pulled in on one side.
5. Fly the kite off the water.
You have to play with 2, 3 and 4 if it is low wind.