Forum for kitesurfers
baller
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best introduces the 2009 Nemesis HP

Postby baller » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 pm

I didn't believe the hype, until I rode the kite yesterday. SO fast. I never thought I would use AB settings on a 12 M, but slowing I chose to slow this kite down for wakestyle riding... Impressive. I only hope the 14 is 90% this speed, because if it is it will be a revolution for big riders like me.

SandiBottom
Rare Poster

Postby SandiBottom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:10 am

I just got my 2 - new Nemi 09 kites with the twister tech...I have the 10 m and the 12m,,, now I fly all nemis from 08...the twister tech is a for real sure deal.. the 12 is a kitelooping machine which really helps those soft landings coming out of a powered kiteloop,,,,, I have already put my order in for the other sizes..when you hold the kite upside down walking on the beach you can see the kite flexing all the time, so when you pull on the bar it reacts like no other,,,,,,if you can get your hands on one try it out for your selfs... i always try all the kites i can put my hands on to compare all the new things that come out every year... Best has done a good job this year.. Now i hope the New 09 Bar is just as good as there new kite,,,,

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Clew In » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:14 am

Hey,

Anyone tried the new bar with their new QR?

Clew In

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:01 am

sq225917 wrote:...Stick your hands out in front of you palms down, touch thumb tips together, now twist, see how little twisting you need where your thumbs meet to get a significant offset at the ends of your index fingers, that's exactly what Twister Tech enables, but there's not just one joint, there are many across the entire LE, all placed to give the maximum twist and fastest turning.
Wait... Simon... I think we need a video of that.... d'ya think you could get one of the Best girls to demonstrate it for us? Bet she could make it look really convincing, if yknow what I mean.
:thumb:

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:48 am

Whatever the hype time will tell. My main concern as a kite repair center is can cuben fibre be repaired if damaged ?

baller
Frequent Poster

Postby baller » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 pm

One other BIG improvement in the 09, and I haven't seen this hyped at all, is that the kite pulls through the turns way better than last year. I don't know why that is, but powered carving turns are easier and more fun on this kite

scum
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pumpuri, Lilaste
Style: free
Gear: best waroo, 12m
blade beast, 8m
Brand Affiliation: bestkiteboarding

Postby scum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm

twist theme seems to make the HP 2009 best kite ever made :) I can't even imagine what else could be improved in year 2010 :)

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Wait a minute.... you're not allowed to bump up this topic unless you post a video of a Best girl demonstrating the Twister Tech thing that Simon was talking about......

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Windrider wrote:Wait a minute.... you're not allowed to bump up this topic unless you post a video of a Best girl demonstrating the Twister Tech thing that Simon was talking about......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:31 am

windmaker wrote:Whatever the hype time will tell. My main concern as a kite repair center is can cuben fibre be repaired if damaged ?
Yes , just remember, to put an extra lay of double side tape where you want to sew , you can also patch it with "ordinary " dracon too.

The main difference is that cuben has a 0 stretch ability so just make sure you sew it right on the first try .... cause if you have to remove the stitches you will see all holes from the needle in 1/1 size ( on dracon or similar the holes are much smaller than the needle itself )

That´s the way it works on cuben kites from Best since 06 , maybe they have changed something for the new kites so SQ can clarify that .....

Also the most common repairs done to the cuben LE´s ( specially from 06 with that pencil thin LE´s ) was due to the stitching not holding the 10 Psi :o pressure .

Saludos

Franz

Return to “Kitesurfing”