Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Caution 09

Forum for kitesurfers
eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Caution 09

Postby eree » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 pm

heard bout caution's 09 new kite called zombie.
can anybody specify? wave? c? freeride? anything?

VOMKB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caution 09

Postby VOMKB » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:24 am

Caution International will release the tech sheets soon. What I can tell you is that the Zombie is an SLE kite. The line will be made up of the Mayhem as the premium kite and the Zombie as a freestyle kite. The Zombie will be released in sizes 12, 9, 6, and 4.

Jaime

Jason Kitchen
Medium Poster

Postby Jason Kitchen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:36 am

Some details and pics of the new Zombie here-
http://www.briskites.com.au/index.php?l ... tail&p=182

New leading edge construction looks tough as.
We had a quick fly on the beach in light winds so can't say much about it's performance except that the 9m turns quick.

S.A.
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.cautionkites.com
www.nobilekiteboarding.com

Postby S.A. » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 am

Jason, it's been a couple of days since you posted this. Have you flown the Zombie any more? How does it compare to the 08 Mayhem in turning speed etc?

Thanks.

Cortex
Frequent Poster

Postby Cortex » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:25 am

What about the barpressure? How light is it on the lightest setting?

(I.e light enough to teach a 50 kg girl kitesurfing with it?)

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi Jason
Looks like Zombie going to be good wave kite with low AR.
Can you tell how long central strut is on 12th?

Jason Kitchen
Medium Poster

Postby Jason Kitchen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:43 am

Sorry, only pumped the 9m at this stage, the 12m hasn't come out of the bag.
The 9m was about 5'3" tall when pumped.

It's AR is a fair bit lower than the Mayhem so I would say it offers a bit more park and ride grunt. We should find out on Sunday when we finally get some wind.

Jason Kitchen
Medium Poster

Postby Jason Kitchen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:15 am

OK, I had a quick fly on the 9m on Sunday.

Didn't try anything other than factory settings on the kite.

Bar pressure is about the same as tha Mayhem so learning as a lightweight shouldn't be a problem. Steering is very direct and I fealt the kite is more precise.

It produces very consistant power through the window which will be good for learners and waveriding. A bit more static grunt at the edge and low speeds and doesn't yank you off the edge when you drive it through the window.

No waves here in Brisbane but I did a 50m run straight at the kite and it sat nicely so down the line riding should be good.

Initial thoughts are-
Very precise and consistant.
Similar feel to the Mayhem just with the edge taken off. It's not slow by any means but not as quick or punchy as the Mayhem. Unhooked is predictable.

Need more time on the kite to make any clearer observations.

Cortex
Frequent Poster

Postby Cortex » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:34 am

Jason Kitchen wrote:OK, I had a quick fly on the 9m on Sunday.
Bar pressure is about the same as tha Mayhem so learning as a lightweight shouldn't be a problem. Steering is very direct and I fealt the kite is more precise.
So far it sounds like the Zombie might be the kite that I was wishing for... just need some input about the things below...

Would it be possible for you to try it on the lightest bar-pressure-setup and give us some feedback? The Mayhem had way to much bar-pressure to be used by light, and in "normal" shape, people in a school. Especially the larger sizes were hard on the students. So it would really be great if I could get some feedback on how the Zombie is on the lightest setting.

Also, if you could try the stability a bit more it would be great. Especially in lighter winds. :thumb:

Relaunch?

RPskater
Medium Poster

Postby RPskater » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:27 pm

I tried the 12m Zombie last week. I have a habit of dropping my kite when trying unhooked freestyle tricks, so it was suggested to me to try the Zombie for more stability. I've only used it once so far and can only compare it to my 06 Answer. The Zombie does turn fast and worked fine for an F-16. What really impressed me was the way the Zombie road unhooked. I don't have the dangle pass down very well so when I would try it I would fall from the sky face down. Normally my kite would crash into the water. The Zombie however stayed in the air long enough for me to pull my bar in from my leash and ride away unhooked. I also noticed that the wig tips were beefier in the leading edge part so the kite would not bow or flex outward when unhooking. The kite would keep its structure much more thus not stalling backwards if I pulled too hard on the back lines. I really need to have another day on it to try other moves. So far I really like it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”