Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Toby, can we vote EP off this island?

Forum for kitesurfers
MehYam
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Toby, can we vote EP off this island?

Postby MehYam » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:58 pm

That foe feature sounds perfect. Toby, if you have the programming skills, you should add a little "foe'ed" counter to the right of each person's name. ;)

I'll add my 2c to the penny jar: when someone is THAT persistent on any point, it has nothing to do with the argument itself. There's something else going on. The argument could be about bridle's vs. 5's, demo's vs. gop, pepsi vs. coke, the real issue is going to be something else, like penis size. :D

It sucks when he shits on an important thread in a completely off-topic way (the mistake K made had nothing to do with his kite choice), but you check the username, laugh at the tiny penis, and read the next post.

Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB
Has thanked: 0

Postby Feng » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:12 am

Experimental player wrote:Keep in contact scklandl!

Call me if you need help +61 8 8422 8400

+61 8 : Christmas Island
Why there is no beaches recorded on www.kiteforum.com for the Christmas Island ?

Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB

Postby Feng » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:16 am

Experimental player wrote:Keep in contact scklandl!
Call me if you need help +61 8 8422 8400
Google search on "+61 8 8422 8400" gives
http://www.southaustralia.com/3625.aspx
Support Services & Groups:
The Gay & Lesbian Community Service offers information, counselling, referrals, accommodation and library. Counselling available 7pm to 10pm weeknights and 2pm to 5pm weekends. Tel: +61 8 8422 8400.

Now we all understand .....

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby blowhard » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 am

Did he actually coin the phrase"Dumbbow"?
I use it all the time :lol:
that has to be a contribution of some sort

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster

Postby surfingwithkites » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:10 am

Let everyone speak and say what they will. If you don't like it, don't read it. Just be your own little censor and leave the rest of us out of it. Your "lynch mob" censorship efforts are far more offensive than anything EP has ever written.

As for safety, All kites are dangerous and all "safety systems" are a joke.

Depower kites do encourage people to ride oversized kites and they loose touch with just how powerful a kite really is.

Kiting in winds over 40mph is very risky, kiting in 60 mph winds is stupid.

This type of accident could have been easily avoided by launching unhooked. There is no "freezing on the bar" unhooked.

If you can't launch unhooked you either have a poorly designed kite, the wrong sized kite, not enough skill for the given day, or the wrong conditions. It's that simple.

Learn to launch unhooked and land unhooked because your fingers are the only reliable release there will ever be.

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster

Postby surfingwithkites » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:10 am

Let everyone speak and say what they will. If you don't like it, don't read it. Just be your own little censor and leave the rest of us out of it. Your "lynch mob" censorship efforts are far more offensive than anything EP has ever written.

As for safety, All kites are dangerous and all "safety systems" are a joke.

Depower kites do encourage people to ride oversized kites and they loose touch with just how powerful a kite really is.

Kiting in winds over 40mph is very risky, kiting in 60 mph winds is stupid.

This type of accident could have been easily avoided by launching unhooked. There is no "freezing on the bar" unhooked.

If you can't launch unhooked you either have a poorly designed kite, the wrong sized kite, not enough skill for the given day, or the wrong conditions. It's that simple.

Learn to launch unhooked and land unhooked because your fingers are the only reliable release there will ever be.

Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wibbler » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:29 am

Btw,

Where is that toss-pot Mulholland?

Has his known universe collapsed in upon itself as reality bites? (global warming, economic meltdown under Bush, no job, evolution proven as fact, etc. etc.)

Entertainning stuff, but absolutely zero to do with kiting.

At least EP is on topic.

Experimental player
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Experimental player » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:45 am

Gaybows are such a sensitive bunch. :o

Hands over their ears and eyes :cry:
Gaybow says - "Even if your right, I dont want to hear it wah wah wah, And i dont want to see it wah wah wah! somebody help me somehow censor my computer. I dont like it. wah wah wah"

Bum bandit bridle riders worse than windsurfers. Go back to kite school. :roll:

GungaDin
Medium Poster

Postby GungaDin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:18 am

Yeah 10% of what he says has validity while the other 90% is 13 year old dribble shit. If he could shit the agenda out his ass he actually might be worthwhile to hear his opinion. Reminds me of Pump Me Up except pump me up isn't a dickhead posting in threads that are expressing sympathy. Oh well His last post actually made me laugh, so even a dickhead can be funny. Funny now that I think of it..... I see people express crap about "Fokiten" but that guy has some literary skills that far surpasses "foe's" foe's :)

J

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ian c » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:19 am

Yep right size kite for the day is something overlooked by so many bow riders. One minute going on about how they can hang on in 40 knots with their big bow, the next trying to explain why they got launched 50ft through the air - just can't be told.

It is a shame cos younger riders with less cash struggle to buy more kites but that is just the way it is, you have to look after yourself. Ah yeah, and using 7m lines are not going to go kitelooping you through 50 ft - a cheaper way to enjoy a bit more wind out of your kite for little cash.

The unhooked launching is so totally easy, will also teach you rig the right size kite for the conditions.

Many riders panic when they become unhooked or feel very uncomfortable unhooked launching - That is so wrong... Nothing feels more secure than knowing I can let go of the bar if my kite was to go into an accidental kiteloop etc during a launch.

Return to “Kitesurfing”