Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Kite - Pros and Cons ?????????

Forum for kitesurfers
Miltsface
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Kite - Pros and Cons ?????????

Postby Miltsface » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:31 pm

Evan, on the new bar, is the leash line attached to the other end of the depower rope, so that it still depowers the kite the same way as if it were attached to the adjusting end?

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits
Been thanked: 0

Postby EvanOR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 pm

blowhard wrote:great kites
what about the DIABLO
has anyone tried them?
The 09 Diablo is currently in the development phase but will have significant improvements, including a slick new bar along the lines of the new SLE 2.0 bar for the Rise. In addition, the 09 is a faster flying kite that will climb out of kiteloops significantly faster than the 09 version, and it will work well on four or five lines. You can also expect the 09 Diablo to be one hell of a killer looking kite. We plan to aggressively pursue the C kite market with this kite and are certain it will be as successful as the Rise is in the SLE game!

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding
Hyperflex Wetsuits
Amundson Custom Race Boards

Performance over Hype

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EvanOR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Miltsface wrote:Evan, on the new bar, is the leash line attached to the other end of the depower rope, so that it still depowers the kite the same way as if it were attached to the adjusting end?
Correct - this is a much cleaner set up than on the 08 bar, but the effect when the rider ejects or punches is out is the same. :thumb:

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding
Hyperflex Wetsuits

Performance over Hype

evilgun
Medium Poster

Postby evilgun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:24 pm

I've seen a couple of negative feedbacks on self landing and relauching the rise. any improvements for 09. one more thing are you guys bumping the price like everybody else, i can't afford Liquid Force anymore. Keep it real.

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EvanOR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:22 pm

evilgun wrote:I've seen a couple of negative feedbacks on self landing and relauching the rise. any improvements for 09. one more thing are you guys bumping the price like everybody else, i can't afford Liquid Force anymore. Keep it real.
I haven't come across anything like that - standard SLE techniques work well on the Rise. Plus, since the kite won't taco if it's inflated properly and there is enough wind relaunch is usually a piece of cake. Like any kite, it is more difficult to relaunch the bigger sizes in light wind - perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Price increases are a reality that I too wish we could avoid, but c'est la vie unfortunately. OR kites tend to outlast most others on the market, we have an excellent warranty, and resale value for used kites is solid so in the long haul you can probably save some $ by making the switch to us.

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding
Hyperflex Wetsuits

Performance over Hype

dpca10
Frequent Poster

Postby dpca10 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Self landing the kite is pretty easy. I use 2 techniques. My favorite is dewpowering the kite completely and then hooking my loop onto a solid object or ideally hooking in to a carabiner, then I land it on its wingtip and walk over to it holding on to a front line. The second is to land the kite LE down and then walk around it while pulling one rear line therfore pulling the front of the kite facing the wind. The third which I don't use unless I need to self rescue would be to grab the velcro tab and pull one of the front lines in, this will depower the kite like a modified fifth line.

aolive
Rare Poster

Postby aolive » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Ocean Rodeo does one of the best jobs in the industry for taking care of their customers after the sale. When you use any gear made by OR you become part of a crew making up some of the most fun, no attitude kiteboarders. If anyone has any gear questions, or needs help finding the awesome products like the Mako 140, 09 Rise, or 09 Bar give us a shout at BKB.

-Andrew
360-SPLASH-1
www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am

There is 3rd technique you should give a try.
Gorge kiters use this, even in nukin winds.
Bring the kite down the side and just before it touches reach up and give that depower line a good hard yank.
Brings it down leading edge into the wind every time.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:34 am

With the new bar now... hard to find fault... OR takes what really works and makes it better... I've found. Kites are so well built as well. I have my 09's coming and so happy with the 08's too. Can't wait to get in the 8m on a good day... and do some mega loops...

Take a good looks at the shockstrip. Helps prevent LE to TE rips, I've seen on other kites doing repair.... from beginner to pro slamming on the water.... They have so much power for the size, I can't go back to C kite and faster too... used to be on a 16m-12m C now I'm on the 12m-8m.

Easiest one pump to work on...

Long uninterrupted depower with sliding stopper (now adjustable push through) is sweet... and bipasses the stopper when you pull the safety...

But really try it... Practicing unhooked... try that too... vents work...
Check out the gallery.
http://www.oceanrodeo.com/kiting/rise
Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

five
Medium Poster

Postby five » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:01 am

Think the earlier posts covered most of it. The 08 kites are great all-around...low end, fairly light bar pressure but turns quick with a direct feel, handles gusts well, bomber construction, etc. The 09's look even better...give em a try!

David

Return to “Kitesurfing”