Naish 09 bar reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
jpeskin
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish 09 bar reviews?

Postby jpeskin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:58 am

Anyone have any feedback on the Naish 2009 bar? It looks pretty nice.

Someone in the industry told me they heard that the swivel doesn't work well. That surprised me since it looked very solid.

Any other experiences? Or reviews in general?

Thanks

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Naish 09 bar reviews?

Postby JGTR » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 am

Show me a swivel that does work though :roll:

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:43 pm

I just picked up this bar for my kites and it unswivels everything. You can do 100 rotations in the same direction and no tangles. I had bars with the mickey mouse swivel and they stop working after a while.

http://www.core-kites.com/content/view/29/66/lang,en/
Attachments
core bar.jpg
core bar.jpg (1.47 KiB) Viewed 2379 times

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:08 pm

I have been using the 2009 Naish SLE bar for a couple of weeks now and it works great. There are some minor improvements over the 2008 such as better grip, larger floats and bar width adjusters. There is also a front line leash system for beginners. I believe it is the best made bar available from any company.

The swivel works as well as possible, but there is simply not enough torque on any swivel to force it to rotate consistently under load. Sometimes I just reach up and manually untwist the front lines by forcing the swivel to rotate ..easy and takes only seconds. Of course the best solution to twisted lines is simply to do back or front rolls to untwist them.

:wink:
C Glazier

Uride2
Medium Poster

Postby Uride2 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Really enjoying the Naish bar and kites. Really like the below bar de-power - works great, the stopper is perfect - use it when you want to - just slide it up when you don't need it.Bar is very comfortable.

But, the swivel does not swivel, not even a little (anyone have some help here?)
There must be a swivel design that works? One answer might be for Naish to put a swivel at the chicken loop like Cabrinha's - my old CB2 did not twist at all, the sb2 did twist, but you could just grab the swivel at the chicken loop and un-twist the lines.

goosh
Rare Poster

Postby goosh » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:41 pm

I did a demo of both the Cult and the Helix a couple of week ago.

I found the bar pretty nice, but it wasn't perfect.. when the mini-fifth line was setup, my lines got pretty tangled after a fall.. and it took me quite a while to untangled them in the water (with the kite parked on the side of the window)

the swivel worked just ok.. a lot of the times I had to do rotations the other way 'cause the lines would stay twisted..

without using the fifth line (never even tried it) and attaching the leash to the depower line I found that it's great when you ditch the bar while unhooked that it depowers the kite almost completely.. then again it was painful that I had to rest my trip every time.. (though I guess safer)

I usually ride suicide.. so I'll have to try that next time..

I really liked both the Cult and the Helix though.. The cult felt a lot like my 07 Boxers (just better) though I felt very comfortable with it.. the Helix felt like a completely different kite.. (to my boxer)
a lot more C like.. a lot more grunty, more powerful

mossman
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: http://oceanrodeo.com/kiting , www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com
Quality Gear , Great Prices

Postby mossman » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Make sure you check your swivels prior to going out on CG's the screw had almost come all the way out. if it had the front lines would have neen gone and chris would be in an interesting place on only his rear line.

Teflon tape or locktight (water proof).

FL Kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Jetty, Ft. Pierce, FL USA
Favorite Beaches: South Jetty, Ft. Pierce, FL USA
Anne's Beach, Islamorada, FL USA
Style: Freeriding
Gear: |
Cabrinha: '09 16m XBOW / GK: '08 12m & 9m Trix / Eclipse: '08 14m Thruster
|
2009 Nobile XTR 143x48, T5 137x42 / 2007 Litewave 179

Postby FL Kiteboarder » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 am

-

Be sure to give this related thread a read-through.

Some topics covered in the thread -
If you are a 2009 Naish owner and your swivel looks like what we have here in the photos,
it is safer to ask for the new part from Naish...
It seems a limited number of 2009 Naish Control Bars shipped without the *NEW* adjustable bar ends...
Marc
Last edited by FL Kiteboarder on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 am

hei, I think most of it has been covered..I like the bars, nice solid grip, very very clean. I think there is quite a few options in terms of using a mini 5th on the one of the front lines, or directly to the center, or even just attaching it to the depower stap...

The funny thing for me the swivel worked great the first few times, but then now it swivels when it get to be a lot of turns on it..now I usually just leave it there, and haven't really noticed any big problems. I was thinking it might actually spin better if I stick a little wd40 on it..but I am not sure how that would affect the lines (if anything)...anyone got ideas here?

For the screw that comes out on the swivel, I have two bars, one that I had to put lock tight on, and the other (bought later), which is not going anywhere so it seems they fixed that problem (I got the bars on different point of time)...but check it... :-)

mocolombo
Frequent Poster

Postby mocolombo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:04 pm

The 09 naish bar is perfect! Excelent in all aspects! But i can't change to set the size (21' to 19'), it's so hard i can't pull. Any help?

Return to “Kitesurfing”