swell
Frequent Poster
Gear: the fastest
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unbreakable board

Postby swell » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Sumpamda wrote:Anything I can do to soften the landings?
Yes. Use shorter lines, 20m or less.

haynman
Medium Poster
Style: surf

Postby haynman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm

working with some foam that is rated @ 2100 psi. Shapeable, light & strong. Will probably wrap with carbon fiber and epoxy. Hopefully produce a prototype in the 130cm range.

Landing hot is not fun. ACL reconstruction is not cheap, but it is cheaper than replacing a board.

mz16
Frequent Poster

Postby mz16 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:40 pm

never megaloop a kite bigger than a 9m, just not fast enough...

edosan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Puclaro (Chile)
Favorite Beaches: Puclaro (Chile), Paracuru (Brazil)
Style: No Style, I Suck! :D
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby edosan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:50 pm

not such thing...but if I can recommend 1 brand...Liquid Force... damn good boards!

baller
Frequent Poster

Postby baller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:11 pm

kastrup wrote:
JGTR wrote:...From what I found boards with full wood cores seemed to stand up beter than other materials. One name that kept coming up was Underground.
I ended up buying a 2008 UG FLX has lasted me so far, and I've given it alot of abuse, its slightly heavier than other boards but it more than makes up for it in the way it rides.....really good in the chop without being too flexible, decent pop, holds an edge really well until you need to spin it/carve it and then it turns real nice.
Well.. that is far from my experience.. I have broken 3 of them (UG full wood).. not even kitelooping..
What did you hit?

thaswisskid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: f*** face
Favorite Beaches: n/a
Gear: asfadfvwsadfc

Postby thaswisskid » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I just got a lunacy, I haven't had a chance to try it but it looks pretty solid. I was watching vids about it and aperently lenten only broke one if that is true I guess it is pretty solid and it has some kind of new wakeboard construction mabye this helps it?

brunobv
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Porto Alegre
Favorite Beaches: Ibiraquera
Style: Freestyle, Wavestyle
Gear: Cabrinha, Underground, North

Postby brunobv » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey....
If you have a strong tendency to break boards, I would not recommend Underground FLX 2007... I´ve broken 2 of them since April, both 132cm....
The first one was just close to the fins, on the back foot side... Looks like it broke when I passed a wave too fast, just hitting the chop with the back foot...
The second one was last month, a bad landing at a high jump... broke just under the footpad, looking really ugly.... I´ll post some pictures of the second one...
Both 2007 132 full wood core....
Nice riding, but...
I´m pretty sure about the 2006 model, really strong....Not sure about 2008 model, I´ll check it when it arrive in Brazil...

MeafordBoarder
Frequent Poster

Postby MeafordBoarder » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 pm

Ive broken an LF, Cab both kitelooping

Currently getting an SS Response w boots-supposed to be strong as sh*t

If you want softer kiteloop landings-go huge, then you can get the kite right above you in time.

As for the len10 thing, Im sure his boards are strong, but he does exactly what im saying-kite back up that high pivots your downward speed into forwards speed=not as hard landings as smaller loops

mz16
Frequent Poster

Postby mz16 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 pm

i agree with the previous post. That exactly how I broke my boards, and the recipe is to just go high as shit, or loop it without sending it first (like for a railey or f-16). But megalooping a kite bigger than a 9m has always been catastrophic for me, because the kites arent fast enough to get back over your head and slow you down. ive crashed so hard doing it on my 12m , even when I was very high....sorry didnt men to turn this into a kitelooping thread...

pebbles
Frequent Poster

Postby pebbles » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Crazyflys are good. I cracked my older 127x40 and rode it for 3 months and the crack did not get any bigger. I weigh 210lbs and sold it and now have the 132x44 which suits me better. By the way, I sold the cracked board to a local who still rides it and didn't even repair the board!

later
pebbles

Return to “Kitesurfing”