11.5m : 729 Euro
13.5m : 789 Euro
Bar : 299 Euro (Red Line bar)

KappuhH
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Kiteboarding introduces the 2009 Kahoona

Postby KappuhH » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:56 pm

dwarf wrote:The only Delta I tried was a 9m Bandit (1) . Although the delta shape offers a few benefits (relaunch and range) I did not like it because of bar pressure, slow turning and response delay to bar input. How does the Kahoona compares to this?

Great job on the looks of this kite. The first Best kite I actually like looking at.
The delta has indeed some disadvantages like slow turning and high barpresure. Right now there are brands who has used the advantages of a few shapes whithout getting the disadvantages. For example Zeeko has the Notus which is not a full delta, not a full SLE, not a full hybride, not a full C-shape but a combination of this all. I also heard that Blade, Eclipse and Nobile won't get a 100% delta shape. So I'm very curious if Best could make a fast delta shape without too much barpressure.

nomorebikinis
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby nomorebikinis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I am definitely a beginner with almost 1 year experience. I can only compare Best versus Cabrinha and I feel more safe with Cabrinha. To me the difference between these two type of kites is enorm. Definitely gonna try the Kahoona in March. But "self launching" :baby: is a strong way to express.

kiteboardkorea
Medium Poster

Postby kiteboardkorea » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:19 pm

KappuhH wrote:
dwarf wrote:The only Delta I tried was a 9m Bandit (1) . Although the delta shape offers a few benefits (relaunch and range) I did not like it because of bar pressure, slow turning and response delay to bar input. How does the Kahoona compares to this?

Great job on the looks of this kite. The first Best kite I actually like looking at.
The delta has indeed some disadvantages like slow turning and high barpresure. Right now there are brands who has used the advantages of a few shapes whithout getting the disadvantages. For example Zeeko has the Notus which is not a full delta, not a full SLE, not a full hybride, not a full C-shape but a combination of this all. I also heard that Blade, Eclipse and Nobile won't get a 100% delta shape. So I'm very curious if Best could make a fast delta shape without too much barpressure.
\

what a load of Bullshit,

Suggest you try the Boss or Rabbit Delta kites and rethink your comments as these are currently some of the fastest turning kites on the market, and bar pressure can be set from heavy to light depending on your riding style

Drew

KappuhH
Medium Poster

Postby KappuhH » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:16 am

kiteboardkorea wrote:
KappuhH wrote:

\

what a load of Bullshit,

Suggest you try the Boss or Rabbit Delta kites and rethink your comments as these are currently some of the fastest turning kites on the market, and bar pressure can be set from heavy to light depending on your riding style

Drew
The first generation of 100% Delta's was slow and heavy on bar, so are the Wainman Hawaii kites a full delta design?

Habi
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Puerto Rico
Gear: Anything
Brand Affiliation: Kite Banging

Postby Habi » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 am

Good looking kite , need to be tested , Cabrinha is sucks compare to Best ... anyway let see what happen when we get the demo . :thumb:

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko

Postby Zeeko » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 am

Why do you call the Lou wainman a Delta kite?
They are far away from the delta shape.
Delta shape is defined as an angle of the Leading Edge when you look the kite under it. This is a precise angle under which you have a delta kite or not.
Zeeko, Wainman, Nobile, North (the rebel, not the Evo) are definitely not Delta shape.
Don't know about the Kahoona since I never saw one by real.
Lou Wainman have wide tips with a curved LE really different than a delta shape kite.

Don't forget all kites are not delta kites specially when they are new on the market :D

Ride easy.

dwarf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dwarf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 am

kiteboardkorea wrote:

what a load of Bullshit,

Drew

Oh great a Wainmann pimp.... I am talking about the Bandit 1 which I tried and I found slow. I was wondering how a Kahoona compares to this as pricing seems very good compared to all other deltas on the markets. Shut up with your dumm wannabee rabbit kites.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:14 am

dwarf- I don't think it's a DELTA problem. the Bandit Dos has a much lower bar pressure and it responses faster than the Bandit 1. It's still a DELTA.

I am waiting for the Kahoona demos to reach the market and then i'll try one out. i suggest you try one as well before deciding.

dwarf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dwarf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:23 am

thanks eldad,

I guess I have to give it another try this year :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”