Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kitty Hawk Kites - not honest !!!

Postby Geronimo79 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:45 pm

I have to say its a foul play from kitty hawk... but still legal...

Its obviously an attemp to get unexperienced people... total noobs, to buy a kite that is about 400 dollars to expensive TO START with.
But at the same time... they giving all the facts... so they are not doing it wrong...

Bad for the fool who actually bid that money.. and to bad you cant warn them.

Second time i read a topic about kitty hawk... starting to think they are a strange bunch of golddiggers...

kitesurfr
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitesurfr » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for your honest opinion, I do appreciate it.

We stand behind every kite we sell and believe me we wouldn’t be in business for 34 years without putting the customers first.

Unfortunately, this kite really does sell for that price. Heck even cost on that kite is around 1200.00!!! This is what kiteboarding equipment costs. The idea of getting a kite like this for a few hundred bucks is amazing. I think our point was to show how much the kite was discounted off the regular selling price.

We certainly don’t intend to sell the kite for $1699.00, but we do want to show what an amazing value the kite is at the starting price.

I personally like this approach as opposed to putting a reserve on the kite and making it look cheaper than it actually is selling for.

I hope you understand our approach has honest intentions.

Chris M. Moore
Kiteboarding Operations Manager
1-877-FLY-THIS
252-987-2297

chris@kittyhawk.com
www.kittyhawk.com/kiteresort
www.khkkiteboarding.com

North_Wind
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone

Postby North_Wind » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:27 pm

I am with Elda.

The advertisement was misleading and, it seems, deliberately so.

BA

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Satan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm

The guy that posted this thread obviously has an alternative agenda and has something to gain from slandering the shop.

I've never purchased a single thing from Kitty Hawk nor do I know the owner. However, I have heard nothing but positive remarks from people that have bought stuff from them. The owner is said to be one of the nicest most honest people in the business.

As far as the add goes, all the information is there and accurately presented. There is nothing misleading about it. If you want a new 2009 kite with excellent customer service call Kitty Hawk. If you want to buy something super cheap use eBay.

Toby, how about altering the title of this thread. I don't think it's fair to Kitty Hawk as many people will only see the title.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Satan wrote:The guy that posted this thread obviously has an alternative agenda and has something to gain from slandering the shop.

I've never purchased a single thing from Kitty Hawk nor do I know the owner. However, I have heard nothing but positive remarks from people that have bought stuff from them. The owner is said to be one of the nicest most honest people in the business.

As far as the add goes, all the information is there and accurately presented. There is nothing misleading about it. If you want a new 2009 kite with excellent customer service call Kitty Hawk. If you want to buy something super cheap use eBay.

Toby, how about altering the title of this thread. I don't think it's fair to Kitty Hawk as many people will only see the title.
The way I see it, you have to ask yourself one question...

Would any experienced rider pay that sort of money for that type of kite? The answer is No. Therefore, the way I see this, is its an attempt to take advantage of a person's lack of knowledge of the sport.

trkite
Rare Poster

Postby trkite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Much Ado About Nothing

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:55 pm

The problem here isn't that KHK is being dishonest, on the contrary, they have been totally up front and you guys are still bitchin. And to think that the kite sold for $609.00. For all the shit KHK is getting for nothing, they should have gotten alot more.

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Kittyhawk you suck shit. That kite is in no way worth $ 609. I have bought new 2008 closeout bowkites for 699 just last month!!!! No one in thier right mind would buy ancient technology with a terrible safety system. More importantly though newbies should be on safe bowkites not 2004 crap! You have unbeleivable nerve selling that shit and I will never again buy from your store again, count on it. That kite was shit in 2004 and you couldn't sell it then, now you want your money back. You may have made a few bucks here on some poor newb but you lost more than you will ever gain.

I caution people who go to Hatteras stay away from most restuarants and shops, they are mostly tourist traps anyway. Ask locals where they eat.

Blow me a$$hole. you give shops a bad name.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Hey kitesurffr, i got exactly the same reply. I also wrote them form ebay.

Even though there motivation may be honest... the price isnt.

I hope the buyer is a collector or something..

CosmoDog
Frequent Poster

Postby CosmoDog » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:36 pm

A question for all you folks defending Kittys Hawk Kites:
Would you be happy if a friend bought this kite for $600 bucks?

I think "not honest" is a bit strong, but I think they are sleazy and misleading.
Not a company I want to do business with.

Return to “Kitesurfing”