Forum for kitesurfers
robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dynabar sliding hook tested....NICE!

Postby robertovillate » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 am

I have recently been testing the Dynabar - a spreader bar system that has a hook that slides from one end of the bar to the other. A few years ago I began thinking about this concept but never actually fabricated anything myelf…and now the people behind Dynabar have come up with a nice product.

This bar is especially nice for anyone that rides toeside a lot. In the last few years I have been riding directional boards at least 50% of the time that I ride. In the past I would use a loosely fitted Dakine waist harness that would rotate around my waist, (I am goofy foot, so when riding on Port tack the harness would rotate to the right - I am sure many of you do the same). This worked OK, but sometimes it was not that comfortable if the harness was too tight...and if the harness was too loose that was no good either.

The Dynabar has solved a lot of these issues. It rotates effortlessly, re-centers itself, and offers very comfortable harness support. It took a few hours of riding with it to adjust to the movement of the hook, but now that I have gotten totally accustomed to it, and after riding in waves, chop, and flat water - with 7m to 15m kites, I have come to really love it. Typically if something feels wrong or unsafe I shelve it quickly. That certainly is not the case with this bar.

The Dynabar is about 12’’/30cm long and comes with a pad, and should work with any harness. There is a bungee cord that re-centers the hook and if this wears out it is super easy to replace.

Also…I think this bar would be awesome for snow kiting as well.

You can contact Dynabar with inquiries, or if you want to purchase a bar. http://www.jayfactory.eu/index.php?opti ... 15&lang=en

If anyone wants to try it feel free to ask. I am based in St. Pete FL for the winter, and will be making occasional trips to the Naples and Jupiter area. I hope to be in OBX in May, and then in MI for the summer.

PS - The people at Dynabar are also working on the next generation of bars that will include the feature of a hook that can be locked on center, and a smoother system for the sliding hook, plus a wave style system . I understand the new bars will be ready for testing and demo in February.
Last edited by robertovillate on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

bekite
Medium Poster

Re: Dynabar sliding hook tested....NICE!

Postby bekite » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49 pm

We are pleased to read of happy DYNABAR users.

The new model will be available May-June 2009 and will have 4 improvements in order to make the DYNABAR usable in all conditions and styles:

1. The central angle of the 8mm hook support (the red part) has been modified and now has a small "bay" where the hook can find stability and moves only when you change to toe side position.

2. The hook can be opened in the sliding side and you can insert a ring in nylon to improve sliding (the grey part in the blue hook).

3. The hook can be opened and locked to a 5mm ring attached to the bar's frame (the grey ring behind the blue hook).

4. The CL is pinned by a brand new system (the green part) that can be easily removed if you want to use the CL lock pin.

We are testing all these features and the feedback is really good to confirm that this spreader bar is the true evolution of the fixed spreader bar windsurfers and kiters have used for years.

Note that users of the current version could buy and mount the new hook on their DYNABAR when available.

For any question please post this topic or email marketing@jayfactory.eu .
Attachments
dynabar v3.jpg

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:32 am

Question & Answer (pictures taken from KF.com)

Look the bar pad position, harness twist and spreader bar placement: does he need DYNABAR?
We say YES!

Will this grab easier with DYNABAR?
We say YES!

Does DYNABAR simplify toe side with a TT?
We say YES!

In these pictures is obvious the abnormal twist of harness and bar pad due to kite pull. To get harness twist you also need to wear it a bit loose and this will help the lift on your chest.
And what about kiters using a seat harness: to keep the same position the kiter uses double energy because the harness cannot turn!

Don’t accept compromise, DYNABAR is the solution!

qbo
Rare Poster

Postby qbo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 am

will this work with my mystic warrior?

is there anywhere i can demo this?

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:41 pm

How many pounds of force will it withstand before breaking/bending?

Have you figured out a weight limit?

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:09 pm

if you add a trigger type of release into the bar like the surfire spreader from SS , your system would be perfect .

Been riding with that since 2005 and imo it is the best QR in the market , the surfire bar itself is outdated , the swivel leash is useless ( never used anyway ) and the trigger push knot could be bigger but other than that it has proved itself to be the only system that works under load , full of dirt / sand and I can activate it with simple muscle reaction , no need to see it or to spend one second thinking about it ... it just works .

Really looking forward to have your sliding hook with a sort of SS trigger type of release .

Saludos

Franz
Attachments
PIC00028.JPG

Telekiter
Frequent Poster
Gear: Kites:
-7.5 m, BEST kahoona -09
-9 m Switch Element -12
-13 m Switch Element -12
-17 m Blade Fat Lady -11
-10 m, FS Psycho3, -08

Boards:
-OR Mako 150x40.
-OR Mako King 165x44
Brand Affiliation: Switchkites Team rider.

Postby Telekiter » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Another request!!!

On the bottom side of the spreaderbar, I would like some attchmentpoints for a webbing that can run down to the legstrapps (on a seat harness, like the ocean rodeo session, or Mystic waist-seat modells) to keep the spreader bar from twisting up AND to further spread the forces to the legstrapps. This would be very good especially for snowkiting since those gore-tex clothes tend to ride up. This is not that obvious in kitesurfig since wetsuits stick to your body BUT would be great for those of us that uses drysuits.

Whe I use my mystic waist-seat harness on my wetsuit I dont need to use the legstrapps at all BUT when I use my drysuit I have to tighten the leg strapps realy hard to avoid the harness to ride up under my arms.

/Urban.

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 am

Telekiter wrote:Another request!!!

On the bottom side of the spreaderbar, I would like some attchmentpoints for a webbing that can run down to the legstrapps (on a seat harness, like the ocean rodeo session, or Mystic waist-seat modells) to keep the spreader bar from twisting up AND to further spread the forces to the legstrapps. This would be very good especially for snowkiting since those gore-tex clothes tend to ride up. This is not that obvious in kitesurfig since wetsuits stick to your body BUT would be great for those of us that uses drysuits.

Whe I use my mystic waist-seat harness on my wetsuit I dont need to use the legstrapps at all BUT when I use my drysuit I have to tighten the leg strapps realy hard to avoid the harness to ride up under my arms.

/Urban.
Hi Telekiter, the DYNABAR is built on a 6mm steel frame with the purpose of being open to any need of webbing attachment.
We didn’t use velcro to fix the DYNABAR to the pad in order to leave space for the webbing coming from below and also from above like in the sailing harnesses.

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:26 am

qbo wrote:will this work with my mystic warrior?

is there anywhere i can demo this?
DYNABAR buckles fit any type of harness: only DaKine Pyro (and similar harnesess) needs two special webbings because of the way the bar is fixed to the pad.

Yes you can demo DYNABAR, but from your profile I cannot guess where you are located.
Attachments
dakine pyro.jpg
dakine pyro.jpg (149.2 KiB) Viewed 3583 times

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:52 am

Bain wrote:How many pounds of force will it withstand before breaking/bending?

Have you figured out a weight limit?
Hi Bain, you will find info on this topic viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2353101.

Return to “Kitesurfing”