help me find my G Spot!

Forum for kitesurfers
Mc Kite
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

help me find my G Spot!

Postby Mc Kite » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi, I am thinking about moving and want to see if you can help me find my Great Spot in the world where I can live, work and kite at???

this is what I am looking for:

- wind at least 7 months year - dont mind if its strong
- ocean not lake
- amazing kiting that you will never get bored of
- tropical or warm climate (never below 15 celcius for any reason ever)
- yoga scene or need for one - kiters doing yoga? or wanting to?!
excellent communications (telephone, internet, post), to the point that it is easy to work from this place - so no hassle with mobile phones, totally solid high speed internet ALL the time
- international airport with good connections max. one hour away
- chilled out vibe, no horrid police or military, definatly no ongoing conflict
- quite easy and not too expensive to buy a bit of land and build a house
- cool people to meet
- a few cool places to hang (can settle with just one)
- not really into city but willing to be pursuaded
- anywhere in the world considered....

If you live somewhere like this tell me about it ! sorry about the G spot ploy - but need people to read and respond to this one - :heartface: thanks :heartface:
-

bemex
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Pascuales
Favorite Beaches: xametla
Style: strapless
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: help me find my G Spot!

Postby bemex » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am

corpus christi Texas

Windguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Windguy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:48 am

I was just going to say the same thing. Corpus Christi. Can't beat it for wind consistency. From March through August it will blow 3-5 days a week. Spring blows nearly every day. You have the gulf for waves, the bay for choppy and the laguna for wide open flat water. Locals are friendly and extremely helpful. Cheap houses. You can't find a house that is more than 20 minutes from the water.

Rorke
Frequent Poster

Postby Rorke » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 am

Internet availability is bound to improve globally. However, local area conditions will be about the same for the next few centuries anyway.

Corpus is indeed pretty sweet. But maybe Western Australia, or Fiji, or Marquesas, or Peru, or Egypt, or South Africa, or....

Heck, wherever you go, please post photos!

Antoine
Medium Poster
Gear: J Shapes Foils, Ozone Kites
Brand Affiliation: J Shapes Foils

Postby Antoine » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:25 am

San Juan, PR

this is why I live here.

AJ

waveknave
Frequent Poster

Postby waveknave » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:41 am

corpus christi ??
sounds nice.
:roll:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caller.com Corpus Christi News and InformationLocal beaches rated near worst in study
Finding refutes state claim of water quality
By JAY ROOT
Associated Press
Originally published 03:40 a.m., July 30, 2008
Updated 03:40 a.m., July 30, 2008

AUSTIN -- A day after state officials declared water quality on the rise at Texas beaches, an environmental group reported it found a 12 percent increase in confirmed outbreaks of dangerous fecal contamination along the coast last year.

The results issued Tuesday by Environment Texas, part of a national study released from the Natural Resources Defense Council, reported 532 beach closings and health advisory days in Texas in 2007, up from 473 in 2006. Several beaches near Corpus Christi exceeded maximum bacteria levels by more than 25 percent.

A day earlier, a state report using partial test results claimed water quality was on the rise. Officials acknowledge they only counted bacteria outbreaks during peak swimming months. Authorities and environmentalists alike largely blame storm water runoff and aging drainage infrastructure for the pollution.

"Texans should not be swimming in human and animal waste," said Brittany Ballard, citizen outreach director for Environment Texas. "Not only are the beaches polluted, the way they were tested is also failing the American public."

The national report, titled Testing the Waters, showed there were 25,571 days in which U.S. beaches were closed or advisories were issued, the second highest level since the National Resources Defense Council began tracking the data gathered from periodic water sampling 18 years ago. About 7 percent of the 2007 tests nationwide showed excessive bacteria levels; in Texas, 9 percent exceeded the standard, according to the study.

"Our beaches are really not that great compared to the rest of the nation," Ballard said. The group is pushing for expanded sampling and faster tests.

Only two Texas beaches showed up on the national group's list of highly rated beaches, which received one to five stars based on sampling methods and water quality ratings. They were Stewart Beach Park in Galveston and McGee Beach at Corpus Christi Bay, both of which received one star based on prompt reporting of poor water quality.

Otherwise, the Corpus Christi area has some of the worst beach water ratings in the study. Of the six beaches that exceeded the national standard for bacteria 25 percent of the time or more in 2007, five were in Nueces County: Cole Park (44 percent), Ropes Park (38 percent), Emerald Beach (35 percent) and Poenisch Park (33 percent) and Laguna Shores (26 percent). McGee Beach, despite its one-star rating, exceeded standards 19 percent of the time last year, the study found.

A day before the environmental group released its report, the Texas General Land Office, which compiles the testing data, issued an upbeat news release touting the "safer, cleaner Texas beaches."

"Fewer beach advisories were required in 2007 than in 2006," the agency said. The reason for the discrepancy: the land office only counted the peak swimming months of May-September and the popular spring break period.

© 2008 Scripps Texas Newspapers, L.P. A Scripps Howard newspaper. All Rights Reserved. Site users are subject to our User Agreement. Read our privacy policy. Questions? Comments? Contact us.

Windguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Windguy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:22 am

Well, we don't drink the water, we ride on it. Yeah, the place has a few drawbacks but look at the water quality in California, or New Jersey. He wants wind and water and we have plenty of both. Just keep your mouth closed when you crash. Supposed to blow 20-30 Thursday through Sunday with temps in the upper 70's.

Mc Kite
Rare Poster

Postby Mc Kite » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 pm

any advance on Texas???

Return to “Kitesurfing”