Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot ,North,RRD,Best, would they?

Forum for kitesurfers
Trant
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot ,North,RRD,Best, would they?

Postby Trant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:44 pm

If this is the worst manufacturing fault that Royal has, then that's damn good in my opinion. If anything, this thread is probably a fairly good advert for Royal :)

(Starky, you forgot the famous exploding Leading Edges in North's Rhinos of 03 and 04 :wink: )

doc
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby doc » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 pm

kites depend on precise alighnment of stitched panels and connection points,these patches (3 on each kite)are a good 1cm out .u wonder what else might have "slipped" in manufacture .if we as consumers don't complain standards slip and we'll all suffer with substandard products.
kites ain't cheap,i expect to buy a well manufactured product ,with good after sales support,i've not had neither. it sounds like you have had a good experience with royal , thats good for u it doesn't make me feel any better though. u make it sound like i've enjoyed whining in these posts ,i haven't . i just want what i paid good money for 2 perfect kites .

the people who think this is trivial will read it and happily go out and buy royal regardless so i don't see the problem u have with my post .
Last edited by doc on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 pm

STARSKY,

Very well said! One of the best responses I have ever read. Totally fair and right on the money. Can you please buy Kiteforum and be the new moderator?

medved
Rare Poster

Postby medved » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:39 pm

sometimes shit happends with any brand
just from my personal expirience:
Royal for instance had a killer kite in the era that was under appreciated due to minor little things like crappy pumps, misplaced cosmetic pieces and a mediocre chicken loop.
my frend has two royal ktes. one is perfect. but second wth a bit assmetrcal struts and all time try to fly to one side.
RRD? They have had some nice gear over the years (mostly of Simone's design). And I'm not really aware of any major issues, but they fit more into the category of small producers that I think push the market as a whole.
twicely torn cl rope within first 3 weeks after buying of bn kite - due to unquality metal insert in the bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”