loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ozone sport 2007 need help with bar set up

Postby loeuftok » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 am

Hi Guys,
I have a customer that requires some help to change the chicken loop line on his ozone sport 07.
I have never seen the ozone bar yet and I am a bit puzzled with what has been done as temporary measure on his bar.

can someone help with giving me pics or diagram on how it was supposed to be set up originally?

Thanks in advance
and good winds to all

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Re: ozone sport 2007 need help with bar set up

Postby panchito » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi

You can install any CL you like though the Ozone 08 Megratron works fine , the measurements are mentioned on the link , remember , there is one length for the 50 and another for the 60 bar.

http://downloads.flyozone.com/distribut ... TINCTS.pdf

Saludos

Franz

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loeuftok » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 pm

thanks Franz,
but this is not really what I was looking for (I know how to tie knots :D )
I should have been more specific.
The problem I have is that I don't know how the 5th line is supposed to work on that bar set up (the bar has been modified and came with the 5th tied up to the top of the clam cleat which looks strange to me...)
also there was no leash supplied with that bar and I wonder weather the leash should be connected to a front line or to the 5th, but with the actual set up it won't work on the 5th...

good wind to all

Another Toby
Frequent Poster

Postby Another Toby » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Loeuftok,
The 5th line is used to support the SLE canopy of the Ozones, not as a flagging safety.
It sounds like the bar might not have been modified at all. The 5th is connected so that when the trimmer is pulled in, it pulls half as much front lines as 5th line.
The leash should connect to the front line flag out handle, which is a non spinnable safety for beginner riders, or suicide.
IMO the 2007 bar is much improved with the addition of a spinning chickenloop, I used the Ozone megatron, remove the old metal swivel, and if the kiter has long arms remove as much of that dangly trimmer as possible.
Also check out the Velcro that holds the front line flag handle in place, the velcro is too strong and needs to be cut back so that there is only just enough to hold the handle in place.
The link that Panchito posted should help you, I know this isn't exactly what you want, but it shows how the trimmer works-
http://downloads.flyozone.com/kitesurf/ ... EEDURE.pdf

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 am

Hi
If the 5th line / de-power cleat looks like the one below , then it is stock ( forget the yellow stopper ball , it is a self made front line flag out )

If not , you can copy it .... as Another Toby said , Ozone´s 06/07&08 5th liners use the 5th line as part of the bridle system and not as a security feature , and it plays a very important role holding the overall shape of the LE , specially when the de-power is pulled on.

Saludos

Franz

PS. When sheeting in the bar , the 5th line must have the same tension as the front lines .
Attachments
PIC00008.JPG

sw67
Medium Poster

Postby sw67 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:27 am

Here is a pic i had of my stock bar - the leash can be connected to the depower line just above the c-loop and for full safety to the red loop connected to the flag out line

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loeuftok » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 am

thanks guys,
this why kiteforum is great, there is always someone to help you when you need it...

good winds to you all

Return to “Kitesurfing”