Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

My legs are too tired - am I doing something wrong?

Forum for kitesurfers
naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: My legs are too tired - am I doing something wrong?

Postby naishdude » Sun May 02, 2010 4:12 pm

BLACKJACK wrote:Intresting, never noticed such tendency, perhaps you dont know that you have to ride MAKO with equell foot preasure and duck stance, if you ride back foot heavy like Nobile of course it will bounce.
Apart from massive concave smoothing any chop that balanced foot preasure makes MAKO unique and so comfortable to ride, try to ride your Nobile for 5/6 hours and then MAKO, perhaps after that you understand the diffrence.
Maybe Nobile after few years reduced the spray, but to date they cant make proper pads and straps, since that fact alone I would never try any Nobile boards, at the same time on MAKO you have top stuff on par with FLYBOARDS, SPLEENE,LF such pads and straps contribute to great ride as well.
just a quick and last reply, I do not want to kill the thread.
If I am right, you did not have a go on the nobile 2010? the pads are amonst the best you can have right now, I had Spleene/ Nobile 2008/ 2009, I had OR ZEN 2009/ Mako 2009 and their pads are not bad...but again the Nobile 2010 are completely different not to compare.
I can tell you I missa bit the easyness of just pushing the Mako into stance and back...but for the rest I do not have to miss the Mako, as for the NHP 2010 it is much easier to hold your rail! believe me , try it and be honest... :wink:

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Sun May 02, 2010 4:17 pm

papasmerf wrote:Naishdude

I have 2 nobiles, 666 and shin pro(?) ,,,,, and 2 makos. obviously, not the new nhp BUT, I am going to have to say I find your statement to be EXTREMELY suspect. any board designed for pop just has to give up some of the creature comforts. I notice you live in Belgium, which is somewhat geographically close to where they make Nobiles, correct? are you getting your nobiles for free?
hahahah...you should use Google earth..Poland is a long drive away from Belgium, I'd hoped I got them for free....Sorry chap, I have to buy my boards myself, as I have no connection with Nobile , I had a 666 and sold it for the Zen and Mako...after testing the new NHP.( I have a 134x42) my decisson was made and sold the zen and mako for the NHP 2010 ( I still have a directioal strapped surf 6'1)
Try it..and you will see it is a totally different board from the previous 666 /nhp
:bye:

jwoodunlv
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jwoodunlv » Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 pm

just pick a board, get those litewave sandal straps and enjoy!!! I have a crazyfly bulldozer with those sandal bindings on them and it's such a comfortable ride. They have about 2 inches of cushion on them and they even have arch support. Once you adjust them, they fit your foot like a glove and give you a lot more control.

gbleck
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbleck » Mon May 03, 2010 4:31 am

To large a board for powered up conditions might have something to do with it but it sounds like your stance might be wrong. Make sure your body is strait with hips toward the bar.

papasmerf
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: west coast
Style: lawn mower
Gear: slingshot, flysurfer, switch, ocean rodeo

Postby papasmerf » Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 am

I would love to try it. pretty hard to find them here in the states, especially where i am at. you have convinced me to keep an open mind. if you've owned them both and paid for them, well then, that is pretty impressive. if the nhp was as easy on my knees as the mako and still had the same pop as the 666,,,it would indeed be an amazing board. are they still selling for like 1000 euros? Isn't Poland just across the Amazon river from Belgium? up near australia, right?

Random
Frequent Poster

Postby Random » Mon May 03, 2010 11:54 am

Your muscles have 2 different types of fibres/ strength. One gives endurance, the other gives explosive power.

To have long kite sessions, you need both to be developed. Cycling/ running/ jogging/ rowing regularly helps with endurance, resistance training, like squats, lunges the leg press will help with explosive power.

Good luck!

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 pm

papasmerf wrote:I would love to try it. pretty hard to find them here in the states, especially where i am at. you have convinced me to keep an open mind. if you've owned them both and paid for them, well then, that is pretty impressive. if the nhp was as easy on my knees as the mako and still had the same pop as the 666,,,it would indeed be an amazing board. are they still selling for like 1000 euros? Isn't Poland just across the Amazon river from Belgium? up near australia, right?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ok here you go
http://www.lonasport.com/oxid.php/sid/x ... angelang/4

just a pick from the internet...no associations with any shop on my part
Last edited by naishdude on Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sarcasm
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Favorite Beaches: Kidding, right? I would prefer you not show up.

Postby sarcasm » Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

All good replies on here. I especially agree with 2 of them big time. Larger board in good winds will tire you out more quickly than a properly sized one. Also, I use to be a nationally ranked squash player. This takes explosive power and endurance of the thighs. Long story short, once your thighs are "toast", you need to take time off. I was in top notch shape in the day, and this applied to nearly every athlete I would encounter after pushing it hard for two days "to the max". The third day usually spelled burnout.
Only Lance and a few others are genetic freaks not requiring as much recovery as us mortals. :)
I assume you pushed it hard the first day or two. :)

It doesn't hurt being young (no doubt), but don't be overly concerned with your fatigue.
Now, if the first day out, after 30 minutes you are dead tired, NOW you are getting old. :cry:

suRff
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: my lifestyle

Postby suRff » Mon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Yes.... you are kiting way more than I am. :x Have not read the whole thread but eventually your body will adapt.

laylayla
Rare Poster
Gear: I haven't.

Postby laylayla » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 am

This is normal. People who start kite flying experience leg pain, and so do I. You can use compression socks to relieve leg fatigue. These socks can reduce the vibration of leg muscles and provide support. After exercise, you can feel your leg sore for a significantly shorter period of time.
https://www.gearhunder.com/best-compres ... s-for-men/

Return to “Kitesurfing”