Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

My legs are too tired - am I doing something wrong?

Forum for kitesurfers
andikite
Rare Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone pro whip csc 5'2
Ride Engine 2019 Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: My legs are too tired - am I doing something wrong?

Postby andikite » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:42 am

The111 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2010 3:56 pm
Eduardo wrote:Plummet mentioned the 'poo' stance that a lot of beginners have - butt down and both legs bent like squatting. that would be very tiring. maybe you can get someone to take a picture of you that you can analyze.
I don't think I have both legs bent, I am pretty sure the front knee is locked, but I know the back one is bent quite a bit. Is that normal, or is it possible to still edge upwind with both knees locked? He also mentioned leaning back more to get the legs extended more. I am on seat harness now (but also have a waist harness that was giving me issues my first few sessions)... maybe the waist harness would make it easier to lean back and extend more, since it pulls from slightly higher on the body?

I will try to get some photos soon to analyze.
Yes, front knee locked and back one belt is normal riding. Maybe you did long paths with no transitions charging the same leg too time. Chopy conditions may be the reason also... Check good your riding stance.

wedge
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby wedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am

Hey vojtech,

Sorry, it seems like every time a question gets asked here, the answers can cost a lot of money!

I'm 60+, maybe 20lbs over weight, seat harness, mako, and my favorite stance is leaned way into the harness, like almost hanging in it like a mountain climber, butt maybe skimming the water. Lots of fun, no leg problems. I keep my foot pads at 90 degrees to the board. When I started they were in a little more of a duck stance, toes pointed out. That tweaked my knees a bit. Better with everything lined up.

or - maybe you're just riding tense. Like when you first learn to ski or snowboard. 10 minutes and legs are shot. Once you learn and can relax, you can go all day.

Good Luck!

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 am

What the hell, thread dug up from 2010 :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Havre
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am

BudhaNl wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 am
What the hell, thread dug up from 2010 :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
New user that probably have read through all the old treads before he/she found something interesting :lol:

(that is not meant as an insult - just a joke)

Return to “Kitesurfing”