Kitesurfers NOT banned in Dubai

Forum for kitesurfers
frez
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurfers NOT banned in Dubai

Postby frez » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:11 am

I see a misinformed poster has put up a thread stating Kitesurfers are banned in Dubai. This is not true. Surfers (i.e. people on surfboards who ride waves but not using kites) have been repeatedly found in designated swimming areas and quite rightly kicked out. I sympathise with them as Dubai has limited surf and, for reasons no-one can understand, the beach with the best surf area has been designated for swimmers. This is tough but no reason to break the law.

The local Dubai article quoted by the misinformed poster pictured kitesurfers in error. This is a typical mistake that one might find in the media anywhere in the world and has caused a bit of confusion.

TO Meta: Posting on an international forum something which is blatantly untrue because you can't be bothered to check reflects poorly on you. I am sure you meant well but posting about Dubai is something you should refrain from doing in future until you can write a balanced thread which contains all the facts.

TO all Dubai kitesurfers. You all know the beaches are busy with beach goers and kiters especially on Friday's. Please please please be careful. It will only take one incident and Kitesurfing really will be banned. I am restating the obvious but as the temperature warms up we will see way more people on the beach.

ian c
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitesurfers NOT banned in Dubai

Postby ian c » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:44 am

june july or august got any wind? what is there to do if there is no wind - there is a stationary wave over there ? cheers

Neptune
Medium Poster

Postby Neptune » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Summer can be a little light but we are used to that over here!!

Otherwise we drive south to Oman for 30kts wind and 2-3m waves :thumb:
Attachments
ASEELAHjune08 056.jpg

North_Wind
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby North_Wind » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:05 am

Indeed not banned. One sh1tty beach on which it is allowed and virtually no wind anyway. But otherwise great. :D

Aseelah rocks however.

BA

Return to “Kitesurfing”