The new Spleene Q

Forum for kitesurfers
FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: The new Spleene Q

Postby FredBGG » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 am

Are there any videos of the Spleene Q in action???

clymax66
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby clymax66 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 am

Hi Guys,
Let me just say something to the "Q"s wind range.
I personally weight 76kg and I am riding custom made RLboard 130x40.
I have Q 12m and 9m. I tested both kites in wind 11-30kn. Test location Island Ruegen Northern Germany Rosengarten. Measured with Windmaster 2.
First day wind was slowly picking up from 20-30kn.I was able to ride the 12 just with fully depowered kite.As the wind picked up I rather went to the beach and changed to my 9m Q.It worked perfectly but again as the wind picked up over 14knts, I had to fully depower the kite and riding wasnt so comfortable.But the kite was very stable even if there were some gusts of 32knts.
But as I saw other guys were out on 9m kites and still had some rezerv in depower.
So this time I would rather go out with 7m Q.

Second day the wind was 11-13knots.Average on my Windmaster was 11knts.
I went out on my 12m Q with same board as day before.I was able to ride upwinds and jump but to keep riding upwinds wasnt so easy. I guess that for me the comfortable wind to ride the 12m is 13-14knts.
But the others were out on 14m hybrid kites. I can compare the Q to the North EVO 2009 which has nearly the same lowend but at least 4knts higher highend. The new Core GT is the same (same lowend, higher highend).
But I havent done the assembly of depower extension-line, which will probably add some highend knots, but I am interested if it will have some influence on stability.
Maybe somebody has more experiences with it and will post some info here.

Good wind to all

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:57 pm

clymax66 wrote:Hi Guys,
I have Q 12m and 9m. I tested both kites in wind 11-30kn. Test location Island Ruegen Northern Germany Rosengarten. Measured with Windmaster 2.
First day wind was slowly picking up from 20-30kn.I was able to ride the 12 just with fully depowered kite.As the wind picked up I rather went to the beach and changed to my 9m Q.It worked perfectly but again as the wind picked up over 14knts, I had to fully depower the kite and riding wasnt so comfortable.But the kite was very stable even if there were some gusts of 32knts.
But as I saw other guys were out on 9m kites and still had some rezerv in depower.

I went out on my 12m Q with same board as day before.I was able to ride upwinds and jump but to keep riding upwinds wasnt so easy. I guess that for me the comfortable wind to ride the 12m is 13-14knts.
But the others were out on 14m hybrid kites. I can compare the Q to the North EVO 2009 which has nearly the same lowend but at least 4knts higher highend. The new Core GT is the same (same lowend, higher highend).
But I havent done the assembly of depower extension-line, which will probably add some highend knots, but I am interested if it will have some influence on stability.

Good wind to all
And here is what you wrote in a different post:
..................., Same as F-One bandit but even better. Good manufacturing, and super stability. Wind range is amazing and jumps huge. ............... :-? :-?
Last edited by just do it on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:35 pm

FredBGG wrote:Are there any videos of the Spleene Q in action???
Still no videos???

In the youtube world you need to bet some videos out to get a product out there.
Doesn't have to be a big slick production. Just some video notes.

Rainer Kauper
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mallorca Beaches
Style: Riding nice waves & Hydrofoil
Gear: Maverick Kites
Pintxo Bar
Brand Affiliation: Kauper XT

Postby Rainer Kauper » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi,

there some videos online but only in German language. It´s a kite test from a very famous school operating worldwide with a complete description of the kite and the bar. In general I think you will understand everything as the videos are really good.

Here´s the link: http://www.kiteonlinetest.de/wp/materia ... spleene-q/

We are working on some action videos and we hope we can set them online soon.

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
--------------------
www.spleene.com

Random
Frequent Poster

Postby Random » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 am

just do it wrote:And here is what you wrote in a different post:
..................., Same as F-One bandit but even better. Good manufacturing, and super stability. Wind range is amazing and jumps huge. .............................................
Jesus, do you EVER stop pimping Sven?

just do it
Very Frequent Poster

Postby just do it » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Random wrote:
just do it wrote:And here is what you wrote in a different post:
..................., Same as F-One bandit but even better. Good manufacturing, and super stability. Wind range is amazing and jumps huge. .............................................
Jesus, do you EVER stop pimping Sven?
My post was "sarcastic" as the previous poster says one thing in one post and another in his other post. I also know why that is as I know what the background story behind this is.
So rest assured this has nothing to do with pimping but merely to do with me pointing some of the contradiction in his two posts.
Anyway this internal matter seems to be resolved now and I put a few smilies up to emphasise the fact that my post was sarcastic.
Shame you got me wrong.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Read this site in a pretty good German to English translation:

http://is.gd/1igTf

Rainer Kauper wrote:Hi,

there some videos online but only in German language. It´s a kite test from a very famous school operating worldwide with a complete description of the kite and the bar. In general I think you will understand everything as the videos are really good.

Here´s the link: http://www.kiteonlinetest.de/wp/materia ... spleene-q/

We are working on some action videos and we hope we can set them online soon.

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
--------------------
www.spleene.com

clymax66
Rare Poster

Postby clymax66 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 am

just do it wrote:
clymax66 wrote:Hi Guys,

Good wind to all
And here is what you wrote in a different post:
..................., Same as F-One bandit but even better. Good manufacturing, and super stability. Wind range is amazing and jumps huge. ............... :-? :-?
Hi,
Yes I am still thinking, that the kite is better than F-ONE(especially better stitched and the materials are stronger), but you know it of course :D . The wind range is really good for me(maybe the high end will be better with adjustment of depower extension-line).Everybody who had tested the kite said that low end is amazig and Bar feeling is nice.But with choosing the sizes people must be careful(like by other Delta kites), because instead of 14m Hybrid you will have to take 12m Q.
I am looking forward to try the adjusted Bar. Does anybody have any experiences with it?

just do it
Very Frequent Poster

Postby just do it » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 am

No worries, maybe something got lost in translation and I missread something.
Sorry if I did read you wrong.
Glad you like it :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”