spleene monster door weight?

Forum for kitesurfers
biggins
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

spleene monster door weight?

Postby biggins » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Anyone know the weight of the 2009 HT 164x50cm monster door? Anyone ridden it? Compared to slingshot Glide? Looking for an ultimate light wind board and a good board for teaching folks to ride.

thanks,

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: spleene monster door weight?

Postby noel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:31 pm

Biggins,

I haven't tried the new HTs yet but here is my opinion. The Monster Door is a great board for a rider of 240 lbs. or more. It is not a good teaching board if the student is under 200 lbs.. It is wide and a little harded to steer and turn unless you have the weight behind it. My buddy is 290 lbs. and used to ride his 20m Waroo with a Door 154 when everyone else was on 12-14m kites. Now with the Monster Door, his biggest kite is an '09 Cab. CB 13m and he sold the 20m.

I have been useing Doors for years in my schools and found for teaching most people, the 159 is almost overkill and you could use the next size down, unless you only teach people over 220 lbs..

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Ok, thanks...still might think about it for a light wind board and big friends...I HATE big kites. anyone know the weight or have ridden it?

thanks

noxperpetua
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby noxperpetua » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I got a monster door of last year 2008- the grey one -it's a good board for very light wind, it's not that bad for stransitions, but anyway u have under your feet 164 cm lenght...so easy for me make jumps with big kite and this board on not flat water..it s good for cruising, not more..or for use a kite one size more little..good pads, but abs of the boards is little sensitive to hits, so u have to take care of it...another thing..it's very heavy, and in light wind conditions if u edge too hard can go underwater...better to use it more flat...i m about 96kg+gear and i ride my contra 17m 2007 in flat water going upwind from 9knots, friends of 75-80 kg can ride it upwind from 8knots...incredible!!!

Rbgar
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: nude-
Style: Smooth
Gear: Everything
Brand Affiliation: Self sponsored team rider

Postby Rbgar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 pm

I have a monster door in my truck, I'll weigh it and post in a few. I'm 220#'s and it's a session saver for sure. A buddy of mine (little dude maybe 175#'s) had a JL Flight deck and hated it, last weekend we were waiting for breez to fill and he was messing around with his 12m in i'd say 10-12 knots, no white caps at all, it was lite. I handed him my monster door and he laughed at it then gave it a go. On his second pass by he was flipping out and loved it, a couple strokes to build apparent and he was flying up wind on it :thumb: not my big ass, i need at least little whitecaps :cry:

Rbgar
Frequent Poster

Postby Rbgar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:22 pm

4.88kg

monster door complete w/fins, strap & pads, handle and all fasteners, and some sand of which my secretary in now pissed at me fo getting the mentioned sand on her postal scale :argue:

2tall
Medium Poster

Postby 2tall » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:24 pm

I'll admit that I am very biased in favor of JL boards...I've got a Supermodel and a Flight Deck. I was all set to buy a monster door, but decided on the Flight Deck last minute. I'm very happy with my decision. I'm 100kg (220#). The Monster Door can maybe give me 2 extra knots, but I didn't like the feel...felt like it needed to be ridden flat. The Flight Deck can be edged (still have to keep the tip up) and carved like a smaller board. When the wind picks up, I don't have to necessarily change boards. IMO, the Monster Door is purely a super light wind board...it just wasn't fun to ride for me.

flyingtrunkie
Frequent Poster

Postby flyingtrunkie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:08 pm

4.88kg

monster door complete w/fins, strap & pads, handle and all fasteners, and some sand of which my secretary in now pissed at me fo getting the mentioned sand on her postal scale
Flyboards' monsterdoor (170x50 cm) has less weight: 3.7 kg. and is available now

http://www.flyboards.de/Content/479/?mnid=2032

Rbgar
Frequent Poster

Postby Rbgar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:17 pm

those like nice also, i wonder 3.7kg is complete with everything attached or just the board alone?

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:29 am

Rbgar wrote:those like nice also, i wonder 3.7kg is complete with everything attached or just the board alone?
That would be board only.

Return to “Kitesurfing”