Favorite Beaches: Pismo Beach CA, Gilgo NY, Rhosilli Bay WALES
Style: Free
Gear: Ocean Rodeos for the moment...
Brand Affiliation: Atomickiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: info on new O.R. hybrid harnes?

Postby domdino » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:45 am

Me too, i haven't heard anything about this harness yet apart from the companies blurb!! Photos? Reviews? Comments?

H2orockett
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby H2orockett » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:30 am

I just tried to post a review of this harness and I deleted it on accident. Well here is a quick run down on my review.

I've been using this harness for about a month now. Most recently I've been using either the old Session harness or my Dakine Nitrous shorts. The Session 2 is :thumb: a great refinement on one of the most versatile, comfortable, and durable harnesses on the market.

Overall quality: Outstanding
Workmanship: Outstanding
Comfort: Outstanding (more support and padding compared to original Session harness)
Support: Excellent (I'd still like to see some lumbar curve added to this and many other harnesses out there)
Spreader bar comfort and support: Outstanding
Safety features: Outstanding (handle pass safety release, kite line knife included, secondary safety leash attachment point on spreader bar)
Versatility: (Outstanding usable as a hybrid seat/waist harness or as a waist harness)

I hope this helps answer any questions. :thumb:

five
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby five » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 am

Got a friend who has one and he seems to like it a bunch. No problems to report, only good comments. His old one lasted for years...

kitenprod
Medium Poster

Postby kitenprod » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 am

Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB

Postby Feng » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:41 pm

When you switch the harness in the two modes, does it change the position of the spearder bar and therefore the chicken loop attachement ?
Basically, I have noticed that a seat harness (that I use) have a lower attachement position than
a waist harness and it changes a bit the way you handle the kite control bar.

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits

Postby EvanOR » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Marc,

The leg straps are very adjustable - this allows you to either keep the harness positioned as a waste harness but simply get the added support the leg straps offer, or alternately, you can lower the harness down over your hips and position it like a seat harness (which in turn lowers your spreader bar/connection point to your chicken loop).

The Session2.0 is arguably the nicest harness on the market, but don't take my word for it - give it a go backed by our 100% Guarantee. :thumb:

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo
Hyperflex Wetsuits

Performance over Hype

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Many new kiters that want a waist but want the legstraps to keep the harness down when they are just learning and have the kite higher.

Later they can easily clip leg straps off to see if they want to go waist. Also even tough they like waist, many will use the leg straps in winter snowkiting since all harnesses can slide up more because of clothing... So far everyone likes the session...

windsurfer-resurrection

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:57 pm

I use the new Session2.0 harness, it is working out great for me, I have had two lower back surgeries. I like a low hook position with it under my beer belly, I use the leg straps to help distribute the load onto my hips. You can tighten the leg straps around your legs, but also, you can lengthen the leg straps were they attach to the harness separately from were you tighten around your legs , so you can have the harness ride higher on you torso. The Harness is very adjustable.

The hook height position is determined based on were you wear the harness on your torso.

It seem if you are skinny and younger, people go for a higher position and do not need the leg straps. if you are older and have a gut, you would be more inclined with a lower position and leg strap.

It is way better than the Dakine Pyro seat harness I used to use.

Also the spreader bar and hook are made beefier than dakines and the OR has a very good spreader bar pad too.

OR Comes with a safety knife, that Dakine now charges extra for.

Looks good too. Very good construction quality

Ocean Rodeo Lover, riding: OR Pyro Drysuit, Mako 140, OR Rise 8m, 10m., Session2.0 Harness.

:thumb:

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:13 pm

The Harness is definately worth getting and trying it for yourself. I haven't tried the leg straps yet cause it works perfect for me without the straps but guess will give it a go one day for kicks. This is a harness that is going to last you for years, very comfortable.
Had only 1 problem with it day one and that was that the spreader bar doesn't come off unless you release the entire strap but then realised i could just take it off like a pair of pants without undoing the straps and just pull it up again next time... you know.... to save that 5 seconds getting in the water.
Great harness thanks guys, will make sure my next is a session maybe the 2015.

Return to “Kitesurfing”