noody
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Kite from Takoon: the Chrono

Postby noody » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Is that green and maroon ? I have one, it's very earthy. I must say I prefer bright color kites, unfortunately the Chrono colors are not bright though the graphics work very-well with the color combinations.

I'm not going to be able to pump the kite up for a photo until the weekend, maybe Friday. Can you wait that long ?

Richard.

niulino
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000

Postby niulino » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:54 pm

noody wrote:Is that green and maroon ? I have one, it's very earthy. I must say I prefer bright color kites, unfortunately the Chrono colors are not bright though the graphics work very-well with the color combinations.

I'm not going to be able to pump the kite up for a photo until the weekend, maybe Friday. Can you wait that long ?

Richard.
thx for the fast respond....Yes, of course I can wait.
I am not sure, but here on the picture the first one form the top!
Is that green and ?really brown? To be honest, I have no idea that which colour combination is nice, because I haven't seen non of those in live.... :-?
Attachments
Chrono_szinek2.jpg

noody
Medium Poster

Postby noody » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:14 pm

I have three kites in three different Chrono colors, none of my kite-colors correspond to the colors in that graphic.

If I get the opportunity to lay the kite flat in some decent light I'll take a photo and post it but at the moment it's difficult because I don't have a helper and the wind is very strong/gusty with too many possibilities for damage here at my home.

Richard.

noody
Medium Poster

Postby noody » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:51 pm

I have Maroon/Gold, Red/Grey and Blue/Grey, I haven't a clue why I thought I have a green kite. :D I'll take photo's of the Maroon/Gold, you already have the Red/Grey earlier in the thread.

Richard.

Raddamnit
Rare Poster

Postby Raddamnit » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:19 pm

I have found that the Colourways don't do thekite justice. The kites look very dull online but when you see them - the color combinations work very well together. The Khaki and black - although it sounds a bland combination - when you add a splash of red in there it brings them all together nicely.

I must admit that the kite is a super smooth fly and as per normal the wind range is phenomenal. The new trim line is a little longer than last year and the kite definately switches off in the last few cms. The thing I also enjoyed was the stopper ball - it gave me a chance to do some dead men (Man??) moves the other day, which is something that I have not done in years.

Grea kite though.

niulino
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000

Postby niulino » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Ok, thanks guys for ur comment! I know the color of the kite is not important, but I my financial capital :D doesn't let me to buy more kites. I think I will stand by the green/black combination and hope that the Takoon design team made a nice color combination...

Anyway, I saw today the new Diamond bar, and I it looks really nice, but I felt some issue about the chicken-loop, because the loop left side's is also fixed with Velcro... is it make weaker the chicken loops under pressure?

Cheers
Niu

breathe
Frequent Poster

Postby breathe » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:27 pm

The Velcro quick release is the same one that they and F-One have used for many years. I have never heard of a problem with this type of release, and speaking to a few kite designers from other companies, they think that it could be the best designed release out there.

noody
Medium Poster

Postby noody » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 am

I was worried about the velcro but it works and though I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the pin and tube type like on the Slingshot bar it appears there have been (or has been) hand accidents.

After testing and being satisfied the chicken-loop opens smoothly the only reservation anyone could have is how long the velcro will last before it fails. Presumably the two parts are available as consumable spares, certainly they are easy enough to take apart. Having said-that, most kitesurfers I know are generally of the, 'don't fix it till it's broke' types.

Nice that Takoon have included a sacrificial section on the bridle to deal with pulley wear.

Richard.

Return to “Kitesurfing”