Postby Toby » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:16 pm

true!

poldo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Speed3 - The Ultimate Flying Machine

Postby poldo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:01 pm

I hope it will keep the EASY lowend of the Speed2, even with the new AR very high

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi

The SPEED3 is a real successor of the SPEED2. If you remember from SPEED1 to SPEED2 we increased the Depower and Agility. We did increase that a lot again.
The faster turning helps to generate power at lowend to get going fast. The whole steering input is much more direct and shorter, which help to get very short travel ranges, more pop and control.

We also increased the Stability to avoid collapses in shit wind. But the SPEED3 is and will be our high performance wing and not a beginner/trainer Kites. Skills are needed especially in the upper windrange.

Bye, Armin

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:26 pm

if i survived a speed² in shitty winds, i can survive anything :)

Bidello
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bidello » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Toby wrote: So, if one wants to compare, then do it with fairness...and maybe change the title of the video.
That would be more serious.

Comparing only works with equally good riders, same boards, similar sizes. Everything else is lame and not professional.

Thanks
Toby
Well put Toby, but you know, some people only show up in forums posting the same blurb over and over....
and yet they don't realize all they achive with their attitude is to damage the image of a serious company like FS :nono:

Having said so, I'm sure the Speed3 is a killer kite! Has a demo day in Sant Pere been scheduled yet:?: :thumb: :bye:

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 am

This is what I mean about staying in the air... I see it many times... but video is the best way to show... and remember it's if you want to kite in lighter winds and have more fun.... especially for heavier guys and for more power. less self rescues... Places that get lower winds. This kiter is 185...

MnO wrote:
PBKiteboarding wrote:Good to relaunch in that... most times.. Best thing is is stays in the air in very low winds... Customers love it for that. Deluxe Version for less weight will relaunch easier...

Since the Closed cell foils are well balanced and light in weight... makes it easier to get back...
Found a movie as I'm coming in on a 12m Speed from upwind in very light winds, shows how keeping the kite in the air helps on some day as the wind really drops.... So even my next 12m will probably be a Deluxe Edition like my 19m.

Many days here the wind can drop fast and we just want to get back with a dry kite.

[*youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAn_ihLZ5c8[/youtube*]
If you can get a bow/sle to lift in one wintip and get up standing on the side like the rider does in the video clip at around 3.00-3.40 it´s a pure pilot error to not relaunch it. The wind is definately strong enough to relaunch. He or she is just giving the wrong bar input. All he need to do is to get it to fall over a little bit more with the trailing edge down. Then a slight pull in the depower strap while keeping a bit of tension in the pulled leader line, and that kite would be flying just as good as the FS in the video. That tubekite can be relaunched in way less wind than in the video. If you pull one leader line and nothing at all happens the wind is to low to do a normal relaunch procedure. Then you try to pull both leader lines, fly the kite backwards a bit and then flip the kite in the air. If it doesn´t lift then either you wait for a small gust and give the lines a couple of pumps to pop the kite loose from the water, and then pull one side and try to flip it into trailing edge down. Before the kite gets to wet really yank the depower strap and pump it brutally up in the window. It will go up in 4 knots from that position. But when you have as much wind as in the video? Come on! He is getting a full response from pulling a leader line! It´s not even close of being a problem to relaunch.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 am

I'll be testing the Speed 3 in Italy during the Flysurfer Innovation Days... but Armin said the tested 2-3 side by side with good riders same weight and switched kites too and 3 was as good... turns faster... I look forward to it...
kiteguy80 wrote:Does speed3 15,19 has better/worse/same low end comparing to speed2 15,19 (same sizes) ?
Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pike
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pike » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 am

voodoospirit wrote:i dont understand why people have troubles with the size of their kites... 19, 13, 7? who cares?
i use the size that allow me to be parked AND powered...for the current wind.
very high aspec ratio kite are parked immediatly, so u don t need to work them, so u don t care about their nimbleness... if u want to jump, just pull the bar and get your timing. it s slow in turns but learn and adapt...peeps seems to have HUGE troubles to learn and adapt....

for me, the kite is just a propellor, my main objective is having fun with my board (on snow or on water), the kite is secondary, it s just here because it replace a boat or whatever. the less i have to focus on the kite, the better it is.
with my speed², i m parked and powered at 8knots, with my C-shapes , same in 20knots or 30 knots, as far as i m parked and powered, i dont care much of the size of the kite...

if a 30m kite would allow me to be parked and powered in 3 knots, i d take one.
at last someone talking sense about the reasons for this beautiful kite. :thumb:

Freestyler
Medium Poster

Postby Freestyler » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Flysurfer Speed3 test by Kiteschule.com (60kg kiter)

For flysurfer it is not so simple to present a worthy successor of the Speed2. Now that the Speed3 is almost on the market, we test drove the speed3 in 15m2. Test conditions where 5 knots of wind with Flydoor XL and 15 knots of wind with the Flyradical. Here are our impressions in brief:

* Flat profile - shoots extremely well to the wind window edge,
* High stability, very slight twitchy ears (promised to be better in final production)
* Superb upwind potential - goes upwind in 5 knots with the XL FlyDoor, but also in more wind with the Radical
* Significantly higher turning speed than the Speed2 - Kite turns lighter, narrower and faster (Please do not expect miracles)
* Less or barely noticeable backstall; well balanced
* Greater Depowerrange because of TripleDepower
* Lift and Hang Time is bigger through faster turning.

Short translation from the first review I could find online.

Return to “Kitesurfing”