Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is kitesuring a legitimate sport compared to skateboarding?

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Professional Online Kitebored Commenter.
Gear: Flysurfer VMGs 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18. Foilboard ( Masts 75 110 125 Wings 880 1100 1350) with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Is kitesuring a legitimate sport compared to skateboarding?

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 am

you are not going to find that around here sounds like you have to ride with a bunch of totol cock wads - I can't stand good riders that are not humble /look serious on the water- nothing fun about that! well it does actually make me laugh too in another way... lol

style in a great way to progress what you can already do and enjoy doing it simply because it make riding that bit more difficult - somewhere to head/learn... direction.>>>. I hear some say you are born with style - i say that is complete BS - all the stylish riders have worked hard out on what they can do and ultimately how they do it. The best riders are still those who have been kiting for 6+ years - it takes time..

magic%20Ed
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby magic%20Ed » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 am

Are you working for a fashion mag?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:02 pm

What a funny thread !

For one, skateboarding exist here, in a very small league, but as a sport, naaaaah, not really. Something a few kids do, and of course always some very few "professionals" or similar as in every sport.

So it seems so difficult to get a balanced view to this question, as skateboarding is not a "sport" here, whereas everything connected to the water is (here in Denmark - maybe we have the longest coastline in the world, compared to surface area, so we are raised with windy watersports)

Just to say that I think it is very "American" or locally orientated - the question as such.

So can not affiliate anything with this question at all, sorry...

Besides, a "legitimate" sport ? What the f... Just those words and something rings totally wrong in my ears - who cares ?

Kindly, Peter Frank

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Professional Online Kitebored Commenter.
Gear: Flysurfer VMGs 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18. Foilboard ( Masts 75 110 125 Wings 880 1100 1350) with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:44 pm

dont be a donut styles not wearing shorts over your 5 4 wetsuit..

its how you execute your tricks

"here in Denmark - maybe we have the longest coastline in the world, compared to surface area, so we are raised with windy watersports" that is cool. similar to nz - same coast line length as US!

i started this thread because every time i hear the word legit / legitimate i think what a crock of shit - it sounds like some some of inferiority complex lol - go do another sport...

Return to “Kitesurfing”