Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-One Trax 5 or Wainman Blunt- light weight?

Forum for kitesurfers
bobthebuilder
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: cornwall
Favorite Beaches: cape verde
Gear: ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-One Trax 5 or Wainman Blunt- light weight?

Postby bobthebuilder » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Looking for a physically light weight kiteboard.
My last one was far too heavy with the pads adding to the weight. Any ideas on the weight of the new trax 5? I thought the trax 4 seemed quite heavy in the water and therefore needed more energy to lift it off the water...any ideas?
I really like the footstraps of the f-one, just not sure which F-one board to go for or even if there is a better board? Like the Wainman Blunt?
Many Thanks in Advance
Bob

THE POWER
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: F-One Trax 5 or Wainman Blunt- light weight?

Postby THE POWER » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:39 pm

If that is the main criteria for your board then you need look no further than the Blunt. They are significantly lighter than other boards. They are constructed in a different way compared to the wake snowboard style. They are much thinner and gain there strength by an engineered shape rather than the inherent strength of the material. The straps and pads are extreemely light but work well too.

Having said this I don't think the weight of a board should be your main criteria and if you have a chance to try the board before hand this would help.

bobthebuilder
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: cornwall
Favorite Beaches: cape verde
Gear: ozone

Re: F-One Trax 5 or Wainman Blunt- light weight?

Postby bobthebuilder » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 pm

thanks man, its just my legs get tired after a few hours so thinking of a light board...its really footstraps is the main issue, going fast and then lightweight, also going over waves and comfort is a big issue...

Return to “Kitesurfing”