Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Time for new Kites!! Migrating from C's??

Forum for kitesurfers
pbmaniac27
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Time for new Kites!! Migrating from C's??

Postby pbmaniac27 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:05 pm

I live in NJ and we get alot of light wind too.

As far as I am concerned the small kite big board thing is BS. I am of very medium weight, 180 pounds, and a 15m hi fi comp is going to be my main kite next summer. Big ply boards are boring and dont let you do shit on them. I would far rather have stationary power in my kite then a 12/13 me SLE which can get you by with if you work it with a big flat door board.

If you see yourself using a skim in light winds, however, the smaller kite thing makes sense.

Ask yourself what kind of riding you want to do and then buy a kite with an appropriate amount of power.

There is only so far that design tweaks can go. A 12 is still a 12 for the most part.

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Time for new Kites!! Migrating from C's??

Postby FckGravity » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:40 pm

He's right, small kite big board is a kooky trend. Old guys with huge boards, helmets, board leashes, and wetsuits in 90 degree weather think that its way more effective to use a 12 instead of a 15, when you would actually be powered...

Return to “Kitesurfing”