Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Single or multi inflation system? (Poll)

Forum for kitesurfers

When you buy your next kite, you

will only buy one with a single inflation system
18%
would rather buy one with a single inflation system
27%
would rather buy one with a multi inflation system
31%
will only buy one with a multi inflation system
10%
don't care about the inflation system
12%
don't know
1%

Total votes: 121

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Single or multi inflation system? (Poll)

Postby BWD » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Guys I think you should stop saying one pump prevents you from twisting the LE bladder.
It doesn't.
You can still screw up LE bladder installation with one pump.
More importantly, if you are careless rolling up the kite, you can still easily twist the bladder inside the tube. This happens pretty easily if you don't fold over the tip of the kite far enough, or if it gets caught and twisted in the rest of the LE.
Not really common, but it happens, so beware.

As for the poll, I voted I would rather buy a multi point inflation kite.

It's not the biggest issue, but I am a little tired of looking after all those stupid valves,
which the kite co's apparently still don't care to attach properly. :evil:

I think many of the one pump complaints relate to the valves, so if they get off their butts and fix the valve peeling issue, they will end the complaints about peeling, and most of the complaints about one pump! Then I think most people will happily choose based on other criteria!

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfbali » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Single Inflation System = One Pump
Multi Inflation System = Pump each bladder separate

Please correct your vote.
Bye Jankie

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:37 am

Satan wrote:The main issue for me is not the amount of time it takes to repair (except for that horrible Naish system) but rather that the systems eventually fail and I end up losing sessions. The one pump systems are a weak point in the construction of the kite.

Okay and while on vacation when I don't have quick access to spare parts, repairing can be a problem as well.
Agreed but it is a fine balance between practicality and comfort except for the Naish system which is non- sense just like their sigma shape. Pure marketing.

KOOK
Medium Poster
Style: wave strapless or wake
Gear: f1 kites
trax
wave strapless polyester boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KOOK » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:38 am

THE MAIN POINT IS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF END USER YOU ARE
if you change your kites each season then you are on new shit all the time so obviously one pump is your style
if you use the kite till its almost dead or dying then you cannot be a one pump pimp you will suffer too much with repairs
i personally feal that for those who surf in extreme conditions ie big surf or cold water or sharky or stingray waters go for one pump ie change the kites each season just my 2 cents

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Satan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am

KOOK wrote:THE MAIN POINT IS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF END USER YOU ARE
if you change your kites each season then you are on new shit all the time so obviously one pump is your style
if you use the kite till its almost dead or dying then you cannot be a one pump pimp you will suffer too much with repairs
i personally feal that for those who surf in extreme conditions ie big surf or cold water or sharky or stingray waters go for one pump ie change the kites each season just my 2 cents
You can spin that around to say that the hard core riders that push the limits and kite a lot want a kite that has less weak links to fail when the breakdowns are worse then a 5 min drift back into a nice sandy beach.

I change my kites every year or two and don't find the one-pump systems are reliable enough for me. But I kite a lot.

Generally, people that don't kite so much and buy new gear every year will have better experiences with one-pump kites. I would never ever buy a second hand one-pump kite. That is for sure.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:58 am

Satan wrote:
KOOK wrote:THE MAIN POINT IS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF END USER YOU ARE
You can spin that around to say that the hard core riders that push the limits and kite a lot want a kite that has less weak links to fail when the breakdowns are worse then a 5 min drift back into a nice sandy beach.

I change my kites every year or two and don't find the one-pump systems are reliable enough for me. But I kite a lot.

Generally, people that don't kite so much and buy new gear every year will have better experiences with one-pump kites. I would never ever buy a second hand one-pump kite. That is for sure.

I cant follow that ?

I would say just the opposite...

I kite EXTREMELY often, so I really prefer one-pump as it makes everyday life so much easier !

Whereas those not out that often, have no need for one-pump really :-?

Points for and against both systems, agree.

But I dont think a poll here has ANY resemblence with what the average kite customer want, in percentage - so the poll is "fun", but I dont think it is anywhere near reality....
A forum/poll like this is not an average blend of kitesurfer customers compared to the average kite shop customers, but only for forum users and mostly those who has very offensive views and "seek" these threads 8)

Just like a C versus Bow kite thread here, would not represent the view points for the big number of kitesurfers, but only forum users and those agitating the "most" for a case :roll:

:thumb: Peter

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Satan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Not only would I never every buy a used one-pump kite, I'll never ever sell another used one-pump kite to anyone local. It's not worth the headache when they call up when the system fails. I'd rather throw the kite in the trash. My time is too valuable.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:45 pm

I have a c-kite with a two point inflation system, one for LE and one for all the struts. That is a nice "happy medium" I think. Can still pump it fast and easy in the cold winter and still easy for repair as the LE can be pulled out without touching the struts. Most times it's the leading edge that rips, at least for me that's how it was. Never had problems with a strut so far with any of my kites.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm

You forgot the NO PUMP option in your poll!

Return to “Kitesurfing”