New Brand: Epic Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Brand: Epic Kites

Postby grantman54 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Piedro, if you want the video to actually show up in the thread you have to add the "www" part of the address.
Also, I did not want to deal with velcro, so I took a soldering iron and poked two holes in each leg about 4 inches up. Works great but I find that if my wetsuit rolls up, it tends to roll up to the holes. Kind of a weird side effect but none the less is an easier every day solution than velcro straps.

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby piedroporto » Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 pm

here it is

thanks for the tips Grantman !

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 pm

The TV news talking about the EPIC kite designer. :roll:

jmopd
Frequent Poster

Postby jmopd » Wed May 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Tens PM

piedroporto wrote:about a week or 2 ago, i wrote a renegade 9m review in this topic. it's probably in the last 3 or 4 pages.
anyway, i promised back then to share a video of the next session. i was stuffed with work so i didn't have any time to edit the video and also the camera kept going "foggy" on me so i have to sort out this issue for my next filming session.

anyway, here's the few nice or acceptable images that i could edit from that day of kiting with the Renegade 9m.

Hope you all enjoy them.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/11804197[/vimeo]

http://vimeo.com/11804197

for some reason i can't post the video directly in here. if someone can give me a little help, the link is the one just above. thanks :thumb:

suave1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lac des deux montagne (quebec)CANADA
Style: race
Gear: épic,cabrina,flysurfer,fone,best,éclispe,concept air,
Brand Affiliation: épic

Postby suave1 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Dimitri, here is of what I think of the screamer 7m,I put the french version I am not on my translator.

TRY OF THE ÉPIC SCREAMER 7M

After some try with differentes persons all the world agrees to say that,

This kite is a monster meme with its small thickness it goes you propelled in a unequalled way
Which that thing(matter) which you have never seen of the power has to restore it again and again of the hang time of the topspin(lift) has an unequalled level
Joke not with him because he will not joke with you, meme has his(her,its) minimal power
He(It) gives it deja many, it is some dynamite in qua to explode a kite has filing down of
Dimitri a kite for those who are not cold with eyes (ps not recommended in the beginning)

Eric L

ESSAIE DE LA ÉPIC SCREAMER 7M

Après plusieurs essaie avec differentes personnes tous le monde est d'accord pour dire que,

Ce kite est un monstre meme avec sa petite grosseur il va vous propulsé d'une manière inégalé
quel que chose que vous n'avez jamais vue de la puissance a en redonner encore et encore du hang time du lift a un niveau inégalé
ne plaisanter pas avec lui car lui ne plaisantera pas avec vous, meme a sa puissance minimale
il en donne deja beaucoup, c'est de la dynamite qui ne demande qua exploser un kite a limage de
Dimitri un kite pour ceux qui n'ont pas froid aux yeux (ps pas recommandé aux débutant)
Last edited by suave1 on Sat May 22, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4mo
Rare Poster

Postby 4mo » Thu May 20, 2010 4:32 pm

suave1 wrote: it is some dynamite in can of food which asks...to explode.
Hell yeah, that's my new automatic response when someone asks me about the Screamers.

Thanks Suave!

Cape Cod Kite Chick
Medium Poster

Postby Cape Cod Kite Chick » Fri May 21, 2010 3:52 pm

NICE! Love the video made by Dimitri on page 59, and great pics Lane on page 58! I was actually in OBX that day Lane went out, but didn't have the cajones to join him in the side off wind and waves. :out: well, that's changed now that I stopped flying girlie kites and got myself a pair.....of Epic Renegades that is. :thumb:

I got to try them on some downwinders in the ocean in Hatteras and had some of my best sessions yet- the kite was so smooth for riding waves, it would power up when I needed it, and once I'd found a nice wave I'd just push the bar out, forget about the kite and ride the wave in, then just sheet it back in to power myself back out again to look for another ride. And even if I got pushed too far under the kite it'd just settle back in the window and hang there like it was just waiting for me. I mostly ride strapless, so it's sooo nice to have a kite that's so silky smooth and doesn't jerk me off the board when it powers up, but when I did ride it strapped in bigger waves I was amazed at how much pop it had for a kite with so much depower when I would send it a little to pop me over any breakers. I got the 9m thinking it would be the mainstay of my quiver, but in fact I've mostly been on my 6m which I can use in 17-30 mph (I'm only 5'3" 110 lbs). It's SO much fun being able to get out most days on a little kite! So don't let it's size fool you, especially when I loop it I realize how much power it has for such a little kite. Imagine for you guys being on a 9m almost all the time, how much fun that would be for you!!!! :mosh:

Now back home and equipped with a brand new pair I decided to I had to get out in the nice surf we had here yesterday and brave the side-off wind. I knew from my experiences that the Renegade would be a reliable flyer in flukey, offshore wind. Well I ended up having much more confidence in the kite than in my own abilities when we got there and realized the wind was actually dead off-shore at the break. Still the waves looked clean and nice, so we had to go. Now I'm a believer and the guys here are gonna have to deal with me pestering them to go out in off-shore winds whenever the surf's right! And that confidence comes from knowing I have the right kite for the conditions. Not only does it behave beautifully in the air, but it relaunches easily b/c it only has 3 struts, which is key to getting it up and out of the waves quickly. One thing to be aware of if you've tried the Renegade and didn't like it: right out of the bag I found both of them flew way oversheeted on my bar. I don't know if it's b/c I'm using my old bar with them and the center lines are just stretched out, or if the kite is much more of a front line flyer than my old kite. But the problem was easily resolved with some center line shortening and adding some pigtails to the rear attachment points.

While I didn't try the Screamer, it's worth mentioning that our friends from Boston did and one of the most skilled riders in the group who is sponsored by Naish said he loved it and it was "the biggest boosting kite" he'd ever been on.

Big THANK YOU to Dimitri, Lane and Pam, Dennis, Billy and all the crew in OBX for getting me on Epic gear and helping me take the fun factor in kiting to an even higher level!!! :yourock:

Cape Cod Kite Chick
Medium Poster

Postby Cape Cod Kite Chick » Sat May 22, 2010 1:08 am

suave1 wrote:Dimitri, here is of what I think of the screamer 7m,I put the french version I am not on my translator.

TRY OF THE ÉPIC SCREAMER 7M

After some try with differentes persons all the world agrees to say that,

This kite is a monster meme with its small thickness it goes you propelled in a unequalled way
Which that thing(matter) which you have never seen of the power has to restore it again and again of the hang time of the topspin(lift) has an unequalled level
Joke not with him because he will not joke with you, meme has his(her,its) minimal power
He(It) gives it deja many, it is some dynamite in can of food which asks qua to explode a kite has filing down of
Dimitri a kite for those who are not cold with eyes (ps not recommended in the beginning)

Eric L

ESSAIE DE LA ÉPIC SCREAMER 7M

Après plusieurs essaie avec differentes personnes tous le monde est d'accord pour dire que,

Ce kite est un monstre meme avec sa petite grosseur il va vous propulsé d'une manière inégalé
quel que chose que vous n'avez jamais vue de la puissance a en redonner encore et encore du hang time du lift a un niveau inégalé
ne plaisanter pas avec lui car lui ne plaisantera pas avec vous, meme a sa puissance minimale
il en donne deja beaucoup, c'est de la dynamite en conserve qui ne demande qua exploser un kite a limage de
Dimitri un kite pour ceux qui n'ont pas froid aux yeux (ps pas recommandé aux débutant)
BTW, this automated translation is so atrocious- 'tho absolutely hilarious- I can't help but give my own (Eric, hope you don't mind). But who wouldn't want a kite that performs "like dynamite in a can of food"? :lol2:

DEMO OF THE EPIC SCREAMER 7M

After several different people tried it, everyone is in agreement that this kite is a monster. Even with its small size it propels you in a disproportionate way with such power that you've never seen and it does it again and again delivering unparalleled lift and hangtime. Don't kid around with this kite b/c it won't kid around with you, even at its small size it'll deliver a lot, it's hidden dynamite ready to ignite Dimitri's new line of kites for those who aren't afraid (p.s. not recommended for beginners).

by Eric L, translated from french by Holly

.Joel
Medium Poster

Postby .Joel » Sat May 22, 2010 7:52 am

We took a look at the Epic Screamer Kite Up Close.

Hopefully 2011's wont take as long to reach Australia as the rest of the world :thumb:

suave1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lac des deux montagne (quebec)CANADA
Style: race
Gear: épic,cabrina,flysurfer,fone,best,éclispe,concept air,
Brand Affiliation: épic

Postby suave1 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm

DEMO OF THE EPIC SCREAMER 7M

After several different people tried it, everyone is in agreement that this kite is a monster. Even with its small size it propels you in a disproportionate way with such power that you've never seen and it does it again and again delivering unparalleled lift and hangtime. Don't kid around with this kite b/c it won't kid around with you, even at its small size it'll deliver a lot, it's hidden dynamite ready to ignite Dimitri's new line of kites for those who aren't afraid (p.s. not recommended for beginners).

by Eric L, translated from french by Holly[/quote]
Thank you Cap Cod Kite Chick, it is difficult to translate when you not mastery English, I admit that can of food it is an expression from our home, I hope that you have laughter

Return to “Kitesurfing”