Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Brand: Epic Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: New Brand: Epic Kites

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Cameron having fun on his RENEGADE 6.
Attachments
DSC_0080.jpg
DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0121.jpg

tinge
Medium Poster
Local Beach: vestfjorden
Favorite Beaches: hua hin thailand, best so far.
Style: newbe
Gear: blade beast 10, naish cult 13,5 mystic harness,
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby tinge » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:39 am

grantman54 wrote:i can measure on Friday for ya
Hey.
did you get the messurement ?

thx

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 am

Way to go Cameron! :thumb:

I just landed my first handle pass over a wave with Screamer 10m. I used to ride 2008 North Rebel but it was just impossible. Ofcourse I do admit that there is a rider error with it, but riding Screamer just makes the trick much easier since it just stays up at the same place when you are doing handle pass.
I also made my first front roll kiteloop ;) The kite just whips through the loop so quickly!
When I tried looping my Rebel 12m, it looped so slow (12 - 15knts wind) that kite used to crash into the water most of the time, but it was just a breeze with the Screamer.

I am in LOVE with my 10m LTD!! :heartface:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello "tinge",
I just sent you a private message about the measurement.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 pm

It is all about having fun.
Enjoy this new video called: SOLO KITING part 2.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:09 pm

If you enjoyed SOLO KITING part 2, then you are going to love CAMERON's video called: "WAKE UP CALL."

tinge
Medium Poster
Local Beach: vestfjorden
Favorite Beaches: hua hin thailand, best so far.
Style: newbe
Gear: blade beast 10, naish cult 13,5 mystic harness,

Postby tinge » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello "tinge",
I just sent you a private message about the measurement.
No you didnt.
:D
Sorry , but i have not recived any pm..
edit Yes i have.
Sry for the trouble, but its like 1200km to the nearest epic dealer..

kiteguy23
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteguy23 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Anyone care for the Epic Bar? I really didn't like it since the plastic on the release system felt cheap :(

I also didn't like how the piece that locked looked like it would wear away the plastic that was holding it in before long. Also if you look closely looks like the release system was bought off Blade kites...

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Lets talk about being slow......

it was even stated in the pressrelease and website it is Blades QR system.
So old news.

Personnally i dont care much for the system either. Even though it works as it should. Never been a fan of plastics. But knowadays they all plastics. There is room for improvements on the CL and QR, and from what i heared there will be some good changes. The bar itself should not change it feels great.

Bryden
Medium Poster

Postby Bryden » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:29 pm

OK, time to weigh in. I've been watching this thread for a while now and just last week decided to take the plunge and pick up a 12m Screamer. I was considering the Havoc and Rise as well in an attempt to nail that elusive one kite quiver, but Dimitri won me over.
First of all, I have no affiliation with Epic and have always ridden Liquid Force and have been 100% satisfied with my old Havocs. I sent Dimitri a message regarding the kites and was impressed enough to try one without a demo as there's no one local on these kites.
I've had a chance to ride it in 14-18 knots with sloppy, choppy wave action.
As far as construction, it's a solid, solid kite. I was even tempted to think it would be heavy feeling with all of the reinforcements and stitching. I like the clean, simple bridle the one pump works as advertised with clips to isolate the bladders should something go wrong.
The kite comes with line extensions and I haven't had a chance to fly it without them yet.
Once in the air it just pulls. It almost wanted to fly over my head a bit, but I knew this was a kite that flew forward in the window. Not a problem unless you're a beginner. I have to try shortening the front lines as they came set on the longest setting from the factory. Might change the position in the window a bit.
Once the kite starts moving it pulls like a V8. Maybe not the fastest or smoothest kite, but pulls more pull than my old 14m or 16m C kite. It rips through the power zone picking up steam and starts to 'breathe' once you pick up some board speed.
Jumps took a bit of dialing in as it's different from the 'send and pull' that I'm used to. More edging required. The height was good, but it was the float that stood out. Lots of hang time. Enough to throw your timing off on rotations.
I'm so stoked on the low end of this kite and the way it flies. Just what I wanted. I'm a bit nervous about the high end though. Not sure how I'll hold down 25 knots on this kite.
There are probably some skeptics reading this thinking that I'm on payroll or something like that, but I simply took the plunge and am 100% happy that I did. I haven't been this excited to get out in a long, long time. If we can get some more wind I'll write more... first impressions only...

Return to “Kitesurfing”