Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
K-School SafetyFirst
Frequent Poster
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:11 pm
Local Beach: IJmuiden, Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Vlieland, Netherlands
Tremembe, Brazil
Style: Allschool
Gear: Inflatables and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby K-School SafetyFirst » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:03 pm

*** Bias warning - I live in the same country as Langeree (when he's not training in SA etc.) ***

The question in the topic title can be answered with a "no" if the money-points rule is in the rulebook.
I had the impression the PKRidersA is a club of the riders themselves, so they make the rules themselves?
And then I wonder if the rule was agreed upon before the 2009 tour started, or before the july Fuerte stop, or after.
From his website, I conclude Aaron was aware of the rule. Now he calls it a weird rule. Did he protest against the rule at any time? After he won in Fuerte? Or just now that he's not nr1 anymore?

The question of who is the world's best kiteboarder is impossible to answer for me. With a football match I can see the goals, the referee's mistakes, the play. But I can't see the kiteboarders' heats, and if I could, the tricks are so fast I really couldn't make chocolate of it.
It's become so professional it's not for me anymore.

In my case I'm happy with this years' result because I hope this title of World Champion for a Dutchman makes it easier in Holland for the Dutch kitesurf organisation NKV to negotiate more spots and protect the spots that are threatened by the EU Natura2000 legislation.

And I feel Langeree deserves a change from being nr2 all the time, but that's not a really valid reason I suppose.
Last edited by K-School SafetyFirst on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9633
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:06 pm

K-School SafetyFirst wrote:*** Bias warning - I live in the same country as Langeree (when he's not training in SA etc.) ***

The question in the topic title can be answered with a "no" if the money-points rule is in the rulebook.
I had the impression the PKRidersA is a club of the riders themselves, so they make the rules themselves?
And then I wonder if the rule was agreed upon before the 2009 tour started, or before the july Fuerte stop, or after.
From his website, I conclude Aaron was aware of the rule. Now he calls it a weird rule. Did he protest against the rule at any time? After he won in Fuerte? Or just now that he's not nr1 anymore?

The question of who is the world's best kiteboarder is impossible to answer for me. With a football match I can see the goals, the referee's mistakes, the play. But I can't see the kiteboarders' heats, and if I could, the tricks are so fast I really couldn't make chocolate of it.
It's become so professional it's not for me anymore.

In my case I'm happy with this years' result because I hope this title of World Champion for a Dutchman makes it easier in Holland for the Dutch kitesurf organisation NKV to negotiate more spots and protect the spots that are threatened by the EU Natura2000 legislation.

And I think Langeree deserves a change from being nr2 all the time.

Very well put.

The rules are like that, and Aron has been part of it all the time.

So stop whining - Kevin is the world champ, and thats how it is now !

I dont think even Aron would "complain" about that if you asked him 8)

A weird rule maybe, yes, or maybe not, as it could also be defended any time - but this is what where chosen by the riders themeselves, and how it is. Cope with that !
A discussion point for next years rules maybe, and thats why its good it is raised as a point here, but thats all it can contribute to as I see it.

When talking about rules and points, things are like "decided" (no matter who decides) IMO, so the winner is the one with the most points at the end :thumb:
Of course not if not fairplay - but that is not the question here, right ?

Kindly, Peter Frank

User avatar
SimonP
Frequent Poster
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:49 am
Local Beach: Rotorua Lakes, Maketu, NZ
Favorite Beaches: Aotea, Maroochydore, Faro, Aitutaki
Style: Foiling, free-style, waves
Gear: J-shapes foil, Switch kites, Underground twintips, misc surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby SimonP » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:23 pm

The problem is that there were ultimately only four events. Having a discard when there are four unequally weighted events is silly. What's the point of competing in Fuerteventura if you end up discarding a 1st?

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10394
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 56 times
Contact:

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby tautologies » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 am

SimonP wrote:The problem is that there were ultimately only four events. Having a discard when there are four unequally weighted events is silly. What's the point of competing in Fuerteventura if you end up discarding a 1st?
"Imma let you finish but....."

..but what you are arguing is a completely different matter.

If these guys are participating, under a certain set of rules, and by the definition of those rules Langeree is the winner, then presto Langeree is the winner. No discussion.

The only way you can argue anything else is if you can prove that rules were not followed and this certainly doesn't seem to be the case here.

If the framework ie. the rules, are weird and wrong, then you change it for the next game.

Right now it is kind of like a kid trying to change the rules because it looks like s/he will lose.

Megabear
Frequent Poster
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby Megabear » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 am

aaron might be robed for the victory. But bottomline is the rules were decided before the competion ran, and he knew and helped verified those rules by participating.

So in the end, when he complains about that after the results is in, thats in some way devalueating the same competition that earned him his fame. Thats not very clever and very unsportsmanslike...

:nono:

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10394
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 56 times
Contact:

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby tautologies » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:43 am

Megabear wrote:aaron might be robed for the victory. But bottomline is the rules were decided before the competion ran, and he knew and helped verified those rules by participating.

So in the end, when he complains about that after the results is in, thats in some way devalueating the same competition that earned him his fame. Thats not very clever and very unsportsmanslike...

:nono:
I'm not sure this is Hadlow complaining tho...I think just some of his fans.

It could easily have been the other way around. Would the same guys have been complaining then?

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:37 pm
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby FckGravity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 am

The point is that the guy won (edit) more and is a better rider and should have won the title. Devaluing his win in Fuerte because less prize money was there is the stupid part. Its done so arguing is retarded but everyone knows hes a better rider. Although I will admit how technically hard langeree's one handed shit is, it is also the Anti-style. Its the worst looking thing to be introduced since ballerina board offs. Plus, his kite is out to lunch. He shouldn't be the champ, but he is so we all need to live with it
Last edited by FckGravity on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:51 pm
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby pdkite » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 am

FckGravity wrote:The point is that the guy one more and is a better rider and should have one the title. Devaluing his win in Fuerte because less prize money was there is the stupid part. Its done so arguing is retarded but everyone knows hes a better rider. Although I will admit how technically hard langeree's one handed shit is, it is also the Anti-style. Its the worst looking thing to be introduced since ballerina board offs. Plus, his kite is out to lunch. He shouldn't be the champ, but he is so we all need to live with it
word.

and dude homonyms: "one" is not the same as "won" haha good points tho :thumb:

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:37 pm
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby FckGravity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:53 am

shit just realized that sorry I've been up studying all day for exams, apparently it doesn't help once you get this tired

User avatar
Habi
Medium Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:58 pm
Local Beach: Puerto Rico
Gear: Anything
Brand Affiliation: Kite Banging
Location: P.R. Kite Underground Crew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should Aaron have been champ according to PKRA rulebook?

Postby Habi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:05 am

Aaron " Lambones y Mamones " de Hadlow .... :rollgrin:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Demy182, Google [Bot], iriejohn and 15 guests