Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why doesnt Real sell Cabrina, Ozone or North etc.

Forum for kitesurfers
mackey
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Long island
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why doesnt Real sell Cabrina, Ozone or North etc.

Postby mackey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 am

Have any of you seen the deal Real is giving on Eclipse kites....3 kites for $1200, any size !! Seems like a good price, but whats wrong with these kites that they are going so cheap?
Dam , i wish they were doing a sale on some of the higher end kites!

mobettah
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: FB
Favorite Beaches: Cape Haterras
Style: Go Big!
Gear: Naish Boxer II's - C kites baby!

Re: Why doesnt REAL sell Cabrina, Ozone or North etc.

Postby mobettah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:21 am

Because they sell Naish, Liquid Force and Best..... :D

Eclipse has gone through some struggles in recent months. The search function is your friend on the forum here...

graphik
Frequent Poster

Re: Why doesnt Real sell Cabrina, Ozone or North etc.

Postby graphik » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 am

my guess is that it's because Eclipse will be out of business soon and they have unloaded all their stock (some of which people have bough and paid for but not received). Just my guess, but this conversation has been well documented on here before.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:38 am

Does it really matter ?
3 Kites for 1200$ !!!
If i was looking for a new kite i would go for it strait away !

K3rM1t
Frequent Poster
Gear: North

Postby K3rM1t » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Be sure to ask Real if they have the sizes you want in stock before you pay! I've heard the Eclipse kites are coming in shipments and you know what that means... you may never see what you pay for.

I do hope this isn't the case, but be wary of any deal that seems too good to be true.

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:35 pm

My buddy paid(credit card charged) for a full quiver of these kites from REAL about 3 weeks ago... told him they were shipping....he called last week to check on the status, and was told they don't have the kites yet....should be in around March..... hmmmmm.... starting to sound familiar.....

gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster

Postby gibsonandpickett » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:52 am

They are great kites. I have a 6 8 and 12 metre thrusters. Dont know whats happening to the company . There forum hasnt been operating for months now. My 6 metre arrived 2 weeks after ordering. :jump:

Dave K
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Outer Banks
Style: Knee friendly strapless kite/wing foil
Gear: 10 m Airush Ultra / 7M Switch Helium, 5M RRD Passion, 120cm Groove Skate. Duotone Slick SLS 6/5/4/3m, Cabrinha Code 5’0”/78l wing board, Gong Veloce V2 L, XL., XXL, Gong Fluid V2 L, pro Fluid 42cm/freestyle 44 stabilizers, Gong HM 85cm V2 carbon mast, 75cm Al mast. Foil Drive + and 40L slingshot prone foil board

Postby Dave K » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 am

The 3 main shops in the area have their "core" brands though it does fluctuate with the evolving market. Kitty Hawk Kites (Rodanthe) has had a long relationship with Cabrinha and OceanAir Sports (Avon) with North. Kitty Hawk also handles Ozone but not at the same inventory level as Cabrinha. Real has had Slingshot, Liquid Force, Best and Naish.

Just so ya know, KHK will be stocking Epic this year and I'm sure that Dimitri will be around frequently to help support the product

crash&burn
Frequent Poster

Postby crash&burn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Because those companies won't let Real make them their bitch..

I bet the main reason is profit margin. One of the big reasons Liquid Force has as much presence as they do is because Real pimps them so much. I have known two instructors for Real who don't ride Liquid Force but if you took a lesson from them they were required (by Real management) to sell the kite as if it was the best thing you could possibly buy. Even if there opinion was the exact opposite.

Real was the biggest Jimmy Lewis dealer but not anymore because they made there own unlicensed Jimmy Lewis clothes and other swag, Jimmy got word of it and pulled the plug.

Zero class

Profit driven with no true love for the sport, their own employees(I swear i was not one), or the people they "teach".

kitesafeflorida
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
Favorite Beaches: Any beach without garbage on it!!!!
Style: Waves and flatwater
Gear: Cabrinha IDS kites and boards. Nobile boards as well.
Brand Affiliation: Watersports West and Cabrinha

Postby kitesafeflorida » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:41 am

The price of kites is driven by the demand. If there is no demand, then the price falls.

Eclipse has had serious issues this past year, therefore the demand for the kite has fallen off a clif. My guess is Real wants to dump it all and move on.

Just keep in mind you may not be able to get parts for these kites in the future and have trouble finding any dealers out there with stock/parts.

May be a bargain now, but down the road could be a nightmare. If you get em, plan on not having any warranty support, not being able to find parts, and potentially waiting to get your kites. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

As far as Real, I have lost all respect for them as a shop and teaching facility. A classic story of greed in America.

Return to “Kitesurfing”