Horrible Kiteloop - Leads to Kitesurfing Ban

Forum for kitesurfers
BizGuru
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Horrible Kiteloop - Leads to Kitesurfing Ban

Postby BizGuru » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Congrats for getting a video of him kiting viewed by the masses. Only problem is it was recorded this weekend, and after a rumored altercation with the cops, Hobie Beach was banned from kiteboarding in Miami.
More info on the ban can be found here http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=9434
More info on the video and the discussion on how to prevent the ban here http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=9416

Don't let little bitches like this get your spots banned, as a group step up and get shit done.
I hate to be a jackass but I have seen this guy weaving through and jumping upwind of bathers at other beaches. I know people has been warned of this type of behavior many times. They don't give a shit about the kite community or anyone else. So I say f*** THEM! Keep this type of nice person away from your beaches and events. Don't lose access over people like him. If someone keeps being a jackass after being informed and warned, step it up at make sure EVERYONE in the community knows to say something. If we turn a blind eye to worthless peaces of shit that care about nothing but themselves and there ego, more bans will happen. Oh and you happen to run into someone threatening access make sure you tell him "GET THE f*** OFF OUR BEACH"

Don't take the "not my problem" attitude. This only leads to bans.

Have a few of these f*** heads get exiled from the local spots and community and we may see a change in this type of behavior. :angryfire:

:?: How do you deal with people like this at your local spots? :?:
Last edited by BizGuru on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The111
Medium Poster

Re: Horrible Kiteloop - Leads to Kitesurfing Ban

Postby The111 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Christ... I'm not even a kiter yet (first lesson in 2 days) but that looks super boneheaded. If I was sitting anywhere on that beach with my family, I would move them all and fast. Equally disheartening to the fact that somebody would do this, is the fact that the people on the beach seem oblivious to the danger to them.

I've seen the same thing in skydiving though. I just did an event in Puerto Rico last month, and coming in to land on the beach the locals all run towards where I am landing, ignoring the facts that I am 200lbs moving 20mph toward them. :roll: Knowing the level of ignorance of a bystander is even MORE reason not to do crap like this around them.
BizGuru wrote: :?: How do you deal with people like this at your local spots? :?:
Tar and feathers?

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39

Postby pdkite » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:16 pm

ya man, totally with you. we gotta start calling out assholes like this, especially when they've been warned.

and bystanders, as a rule, are stupid. generally they have no idea of the real dangers, and over-exaggerate like mad, and also are like, "hey its a big bright coloured kite, lets go get a closer look!"

so between an uninformed public, and a few dumbfuck kiters there are serious problems. proof with your situation now.

i hope you guys can lobby against this ban! that spot looks sick.

Noabacca
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Noabacca » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 pm

http://www.freakdogkites.com/team.html
Mikey Bradley

Pro Kiteboarder and PASA certified instructor Mike Bradley is a true local hot shot in South Florida. Throwing down tight kite loops and boosting like no other, he is one radical rider that makes a dull day at the beach super fun to watch. Mike has been a friend of ours for quite a while and lucky for us, has become a rider, instructor and beach rep that truely holds his own both on and off of the water. If you hit any of the greater Miami beaches and see a tattooed up tall guy busting some of the most ridiculous moves, that would be Mike!
Sounds about right.
Attachments
Florida.jpg
Florida.jpg (254.71 KiB) Viewed 6415 times

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:03 am

Sounds to me like Billy Bob Pencil-neck there, was just the nail in the coffin ... 3 kites into trees and carparks? Seems that it wasn't really a good spot for kiteboarding after all ...

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 am

looked like a soft as controlled kiteloop to me, couldn't see anybody downwind of him., and its not exactly windy. Sure if someone freestyles it up with wsimmers / people just downwind of them i would get mad and maybe it would be better to throw loops a bit further out if there really are people sitting on that beach but this post makes u guys seem a bit unusual!

3 kites into trees really isn't of any consequence, if he rewally is little shit (i have no idea) he needs a mentor/inspiration (ie someone that can show him how to L3 or whatever) to respect and it doesn't sound like u guys fit the bill- especially after posting this! ind of reminds me of school goings ons...lol

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:25 am

nearing the end of the video... was that guy feeling his own nipple ? :o

That is a really nice looking beach but I can't see why anyone would wanna kitesurf there.

I mean, with all the coastline in Florida you guys can't find a spot that maybe isn't so crowded with beach goers?

That's just me though... I'm just jealous we don't have those nice warm beaches :cry: :)

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 am

what an ass hat!

breathe
Frequent Poster

Postby breathe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Ok, this is bad, but even worse, some jackass there walked to his car in the parking lot to get something that he forgot, with his kite in the air! So picture this, very gusty on-shore wind, busy highway down wind, guy with his kite in the air, in a parking lot!

It was so gusty that kites were falling out of the sky, and here you have this jackass upwind of a busy highway! Can you imagine if his kite fell into the parking lot, or the highway?

Sad thruth is that there are normally too many jackasses at Hobie, and it was just a matter of time before it got closed down to kiting.

donchin
Frequent Poster

Postby donchin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm

he aint local....he's from Ft. Lauderdale

Return to “Kitesurfing”