Forum for kitesurfers
kitermau
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KPWT Jamaica Canceled?

Postby kitermau » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:43 am

I find it interesting the KPWT Jamaica event was advertised as having €40,000 euros prize money on their website http://www.kpwt-events.com/2010/jamaica/index.html however the prize money according to the KPWT budget that Eugene posted onto the forum, it clearly says €30,000 euros prize money.
Was this another deceiving tactic from the KPWT to attract more riders to the event? or was the KPWT planing to add €10,000 themselves to complete the budget?
If they were planing to add the €10,000 themselves then they should at least use this money to compensate the riders that did attend for their travel expenses.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:54 am

40.000 minus fines and taxes: 30.000 !!! :wink:

vegasrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Brand Affiliation: North

Postby vegasrider » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I do understand now why KPWT is so pissed that someone is trying to take away their cash cow...

6000 euro sanctioning fee, plus 10% of the price money for tax as toby states (=3000 Euro), plus 1300 Euro for the tour manager, thats pretty nice wages for Frederic for one week ;)

Compared to what the judges earn (3000 Euro / 5)... :nono:

vegasrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Brand Affiliation: North

Postby vegasrider » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

kpwtmagazine wrote:Eugene. The way you are behaving now is just an example of how small minded you are.
1. The night in question regarding the dinner with the team...
You know what happened that night, how dare you right these untruths to try and save face.
You were supposed to meet the KPWT team for dinner at 7pm. Correct?
Within the contract you may have forgotten or misread the clause stating you would cover food and accommodation? or does this clause not exist? or are you just choosing to "jump" passed that one.
And the team waited for you until 11pm that night to talk about what we could do, at this point the event was not canceled.
Yes, Frederic, his wife and Stefan (speaker) were still there and you greeted them with 5 rather large others, who had absolutely nothing to do with the event? now lets please ignore the term intimidation or "bullying" as you may call it. And get to the facts. You are big boy now.

2. Regarding your decision to post the KPWT budget onto this forum.
This is an illegal way to behave and completely unethical. I think this decision will no doubt work against you, because from where I am sitting the only persons"missing" from the budget were 2 judges.
The rest were there and to project our salaries like you have done, is a true demonstration of the person you are. With no respect for others.
I will be forwarding this information from the forum to Mr Hall at Jamaica Tourism as you have now gone too far and need to be stopped. I think Jamaica and Kiteboarding in Jamaica has had enough bad publicity for a long while.
Richard, I think the press releases that your boss Frederic has sent around lately regarding Mr. Smith were not much better in style.

Dont get me wrong, I dont like either behaviour ;)

skyte
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FLEXIFOIL

Postby skyte » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I wish they'd stop sending out all the childish spam emails pointing fingers at everyone.

I don't know where they got my email from either? Who gave / sold them that ?

Eugene12
Rare Poster
Local Beach: n/a
Favorite Beaches: n/a
Style: n/a

Postby Eugene12 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 pm

You have been quick to pass judgment, displaying very rude behavior and of course been personal. This is assign of immaturity and this might be my last response to your post.

Now to the issues (1) you were not at the restaurant yet gives the impression that you were. On that night I was invited by Federic for a meeting not expecting any one else this meeting should have convened at 8pm this over lapped a previous engagement as a result when I was on able to make it I called and canceled he would have already been there.

Later that night we did go to that same restaurant that’s 4 hours later did not expect to see any one from kpwt however they were there waiting and hoping that we would turn up as they new of there plans to do the rather silly boys game and walk away with out paying.

It was four of us that went there persons they new Richard would not be aware of this as he was not there but these persons were my personal drive Mr. Martin who assisted with the air port transfers including Federic, Mr. Otto a representative of an investor to the project who was meeting with us earlier that day us meaning Federic Stefan and Jason so also known to the teem, the other person was Mr. Dawkins an investor who came to Jamaica earlier that day he also took the lycras which was shown to the persons present as they were still in the car he was introduced.

We decided to leave the kpwt on there own after a report was filed to the police that we came the restaurant at around 8pm with a group of 12 persons ate allowed the visitors to go and then refused to pay.

We have never paid for a meal on behalf of the kpwt at any time while they were here it might be said there is a contract, however this contract was not honored by the kpwt as a result we had to seek ways to limit the fall out we have never instructed kpwt to eat and we will come and pay.

After we called and canceled the event and decided to stop paying out for services been utilized by the kpwt on account that they did not stick to the contractual agreement.
They started a dirty campaign against us for e.g. at a hotel where the riders were staying which we did not received payments from kpwt they told the hotel that they gave us 12000 euros for accommodations I asked them to prove it as I know there was only one person who paid for his accommodation in this the police was also involved.

There were also other rumors which led people to believe we ran off with monies we got from kpwt these are some of the issues that kept us away from that group.

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Toby wrote:IKA was fighting last year with KPWT about fines, taxes, judging etc. in the name of the riders.
Guess why IKA cancelled the agreement?

Sure, PKRA also is not perfect, but at least way more professional...and someone always complains, it's human!
Excuse me Toby if I find it hard to believe that that disagreement between both parties was about "fighting" for the riders. You may want to revisit what SQ said. If there is someone I believe in this issue, is him. It was about wanting to get paid, just plain and simple. It was refreshing to hear the truth plain and simple. All of this is a power struggle, nothing else. You want the IKA to win. The KWPT wants to prevail.

Now if everybody is going to gang up on the KPWT, whether they deserve it or not, I think you also may want to address Markus' ethics by contacting Eugene on the side. Also, explain why all of the sudden there is a surge of complains about the KPWT. You know, the pictures of judging mistakes and everything else that has surfaced, but that somehow never made it to the forum until the dispute with the IKA. There are ethics issues at hand that are pretty clear on both sides of the dispute, including the IKA judging by the email trail posted before.

K66

Eugene12
Rare Poster
Local Beach: n/a
Favorite Beaches: n/a
Style: n/a

Postby Eugene12 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Am sorry I will stop writing this is not the way we operate however the kpwt tried to put us in a bad light, attacking our credibility we had to say something however this is the end what ever they should say from now on lets just say they are rite.

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit

Postby taabsr » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Taken from: http://www.internationalkiteboarding.org

KPWT looses Court Case against IKA
Tuesday, 13 April 2010 14:32
The Kiteboard Pro World Tour (KPWT, official name: Globe Pro Firm LLC), a limited liability company based in Delaware, USA with its management in Brasil, served a court injunction on the International Kiteboarding Association ( IKA), a not for profit International Association based with headquarters in Germany, on the 15th of January, 2010.

The court order was to prevent the IKA from making statements about the validity of KPWT events.

These statements include that “KPWT(...) is not entitled to use the terms ‘world cup’, ‘world championship’ etc” and “Competitors taking part in unsanctioned events of KPWT will fall under ISAF regulation 19 and will be excluded from participation in future official ISAF and IKA events”.

The hearing took place on the 1st of March, 2010 at the 12th Civil Division District Court of Darmstadt, Germany.

A decision was then published on the 30th of March, 2010.

The court declared, that these statements in the context in which the statements have been made, are true and do not constitute anticompetitive conduct.

The KPWT having lost the court case will have to cover the full costs of the lawsuit for both parties.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamaica Kiteboard Association joins IKA familiy
Thursday, 25 March 2010 12:24
Despite the upcoming event of the KPWT on Jamaica, the Jamaican Kiteboarding Association has chosen to join the IKA and work together for the future and the benefit of the sport
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has been a lot of discussion about starting eligibility, especially on Regulation 19 which could cause a loss of a competitors starting eligibility.

Stop the guessing and read some background information about what you need to compete on an official IKA sanctioned event.

IKA sanctioned events usually have two provisions for the participation of competitors:

each competitor shall be a member of an IKA national kite class association and
each competitor shall meet the requirements of ISAF Regulation 19 - Eligibility Code
While the first provision is pretty easy to understand (of course only for nations where a national kite class exist),ISAF Regulation 19 is unknown to most of the competitors. So lets have a closer look.

The content of Regulation 19 (especially 19.4) is, that a competitor who is competing in a prohibited event, shall have his starting eligibility for future events immediately suspended by decision of the ISAF executive committee or the competitors national authority. The minimum time before reinstatement is three years.

So the question is, what are "prohibited events" ?

ISAF especially defines prohibited events as an "event, that is described as a world championship or uses the word 'world' in the title or otherwise".

The IKA will maintain a list of prohibited kiteboarding events so that all competitors are aware of official, sanctioned competitions and those who are not.

These are 3 topics on the IKA webpage that can put some info in to context and is related somehow to this discussions.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:52 pm

k66: it was a big part! anyway, you believe what you want to believe. Don't want to change your opinion. Here you are reading many facts, so you can get inside information from people knowing a lot of what is going on. read it or not, I really don't care.
And your conspiracy theory...well...keep on posting...gonna add to the entertainment!
(and don't forget to include the court where KPWT just lost)

6000 Euro sanctioning fee for IKF? ehhehehe, I know where that money will go to!

What does IKA charge? Is it 5% of the prize money? (which does not get deducted from the prize money announced).

To KPWT judges: do you get the money mentioned?

Return to “Kitesurfing”